Middlewich, England
100% full Not resolved

I recently bought a Bixler 3 electric motor glider from Hobbyking.It looked fine out of the box and I tried to fly it.

I could not control it and had a light crash. As it hit the ground I saw a section of the nose fly up in the air. I have never seen that happen before. When I inspected the plane I saw that several parts had just come unstuck and fallen off.

Close inspection showed that very little glue had been applied - just a few spots here and there. The plane was extremely fragile as a result. I discussed it at length with customer support. They rejected my claim saying that they would not honour a warranty after a crash.

This policy means they can ship a product with serious faults (as long as they are not visible) and deny responsibility. I asked to be referred to higher management and they refused. I am sure I would have enough evidence to sue them for breach of contract - not supplying a product fit for purpose. I asked where I could sue them and where they are located.

They would not tell me. They have cheated me and I have no way of getting justice.

This is an appalling way to do business.There is no way of lodging a complaint.

Review about: Hobbyking Bix3 Trainer.

I liked: Other products have been fine.

I didn't like: Customer service is a joke.

2.6
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss No way of lodging a complaint. Stone-wall customer service. / $100
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Hobbyking?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.