Billerica, Massachusetts

I walked into High Octane Harley-Davidson in Billerica, MA on 4/29/2016 and purchased a 2016 FLTRX Road Glide in the Amber Whiskey color. I was told by the sales person that I was getting a discount on the MSRP price and the Amber Whisky color upgrade for "free", The unit cost to me was $23,999, Freight $495, Setup $962.

They do not have prices listed on most bikes in stock so I assumed I would be paying MSRP from Harley Davidson. When I got home I went to the official Harley Davidson Web site and built my exact bike. The price for the exact same bike with the Amber Whiskey color upgrade $21,699 or $2,300 less than I paid.

I then thought maybe high demand so they could charge more. I checked with other local dealers and found 3 with my exact same bike in stock for the MSRP price of $21,699 listed right on the bike.

I have filed a complaint with MA Attorney General and informed Harley Davidson directly.

I’m confused as to how Harley-Davidson can give the price for the motorcycle on their website and the dealer is allowed to mark up the price $2,300 over the MSRP listed price.

I did try to get this issue fixed with the dealership and they were unwilling to make it right. My goal now is to inform as many potential customers of High Octane to be very aware and know they will rip you off if they can.

Review about: 2016 Harley Davidson Road Glide Fltrx.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with High Octane Harley Davidson?

Submit review

Comments

DGC

I also bought a bike from these people .It was the worst buying experience of any vehicle on my 53 years on this planet!

It was like a good cop, bad cop B movie. They were up one side and down the other trying to get me to but the bike before days end.It all started with the old, " how much do you want your monthly payments to be?" I told them the terms in years and whatever the best rate was. They came back with a rate around 8%! I laughed at the sales person.

I have a 800 plus credit rating with no debt except a mortgage. Funny, after that comment, and a " I will talk to the finance people and try and work something out" they found a 2% rate. ( jeez I wonder if they get kick backs from the high rate loans?) I could go on and on, but it was non stop like this for 2 hours with them..If had to do it over again, I would most likely go up to American in Leominster.

It is family owned, and they really you want to come back.Unlike this place where you feel you just woke up the next morning with some gutter tramp from the night before!

LadyScot

MSRP is the SUGGESTED retail price.It is only a suggested price, not a set one.

Retailers can charge whatever price they choose, and no two locations must charge the same price. Also, the website is not the same as the retail location, and prices will always be different location to location.

You were satisfied with the price enough to pay it.Enjoy your bike.

Totally agree with you,I to purchased a roadglide special from High priced octane Harley in Billerica and paid 2500 over.after reviewing other Dealers and building it on Harleys site,High Octane Harleys prices come in way over priced.I guess we got suckered.I did get a cool tee shirt for spending 25 grand though!! And a special price of 350+ dollars for the 1000 mile check up