Houston, Texas
1.4K views 35 comments

Well first off I do not appreciate HEB grocery selling out to illegals. HEB sold out by opening a MI Tienda Mexican grocery store and closed the regular HEB store near by.

I do not see how this is a part of the HEB family, they do not even sell ha/f of what HEB stocked, all the signs around the store; like entrance, exit, etc. are in Spanish.

This store is only basically here to cater to all the illegal immigrants here in Houston.

When it first opened I did visit to see what this was about, and because they closed the HEB store down.

I visited the store today and it smelled like a dirty old slaughter house, it would have made any hunger feeling one might have had vanish. I could not be in the store for very long.

A good bit of employees can not speak English, and asking 20 different employees if fig season was in, they did not know what the *** a fig was. Pathetic.

The first sell outs was Sam's Whole sell. they opened a specific store to only cater to illegal immigrants.

It is like slapping the face of every American, and even all those who became American legally.

It is like accepting the fact that were are over run by illegal immigrants and this is just another way to say, the *** with America, this is how it is now, tough ***.

***! Any needed support that our Government offers the poorer of people are being abused by all the immigrants illegally here. Food stamps, TANF, WIC, our jobs, our money, our health care, etc... And now they are catering by opening all Mexican stores. The new Mi Tienda that just opened here in Houston has all and only Mexican staff. Any other company not having their general token employees would be targeted and called racist, so this grocery store needs to be called out on the topic.

I will not shop at any location like this again, by shopping there people are just supporting the non diversity, racist store, and supporting illegal immigration.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Heb?

Submit review

Comments

Lets be real I don't see anyone but Hispanics working at these type stores. Krogers, Randalls, has to be diverse so should Heb. Everyone should follow the same rules. If you no have no problem with this then stop complaing about others thing not being in spanish. The Indians hadbefore Texas long beforelong Mexico and the US, remember had is past tense over.
to Anonymous #1072800
The Indians had Texas long before Mexico and the US, remember had is past tense over.
HEB hires illegal workers by having a contractor that is legal employ the illegal workers and pay them.
I think the OP has taken a wrong turn of the road of life. The OP has outed him/her self as a Texan who probably never travels beyond the mailbox. Narrow-minded and probably goes to church, emerging after service on Sunday all sanctified and holier-than-thou. Then they spout this sewage.
As others posted here previously, Texas was once Mexico. HEB chose to offer a market targeted to Latinos with products they like and purchase often. That's called capitalism. Yes, HEB is probably exploiting the issue, but that's a different argument. If the Latino customers like what is offered to them, then good.
As for the signage in Spanish, you cater to your clientele in the language that is native to them. Your short-sighted, entitled, bitter, racist post reminds me of the behavior exhibited by the elderly Anglos that populate Alamo Heights, a suburb in San Antonio.
as someone who used to work there, customers like these bring sadness to the mind. The employees there are required to speak spanish because its called mi tienda a store opened up to the hispanic community, also not everyone who works in there is mexican, some people come from other countries and have to have legal documents to work. majority of the front service staff are young adults or current students
The racism in this country is too sad. I am african american and I love Mi Tienda, I don't live in the area it is en-route home from work. I love some of the products they offer and the grilled chicken is "THE BEST", I won't even mention the fresh juices (some I would not have possibly tried before if it wasn't for this ethnic gem) now when I want something like oh shall I say "figs, LOL" I can get in my car and drive to any other store that I see fit...isn't that the beauty of a city. We have stores to fit any and every demographic. If I want mostly organic, or a different aesthetic I can go to WholeFoods, Trader Joe's, Kroger or Randall's and so many others -- WOW "ignoramus" look at your choices...so get a grip, don't shop there and take you narrow mind elsewhere.
The profit
Just a little history lesson for you my friend. You are standing in what was once mexico. You don't know that because they won't teach you that in school. What they teach you is his story. Just imagine how the American Indians feel ! They were forced from their land given a *** hole place to live and told to be happy that they have that. Everything comes full circle. What comes round goes around ! Not a good feeling to be
The minority does it. Get used to it !
Have a great life ol boy"
The profit.
to bad so sad
Austin, Texas, United States #815781
You are absolutely right. HEB is pro immigration as they have stores in Mexico and want to attract those customers who come here illegally. Also they want to hire these people a lower wages and get bi-lingual workers on the cheap. Mexican workers are advanced and are treated better than other races at HEB.
Sux4u
What an ignorant racist! They do speak english *** but choose not to talk to you that's what's awesome of bilingual. Your wife must of cheated on you with the landscaper, not a surprise, they love to hear dirty things in spanish!
cmoralest
OH and if you're mad bc they're catering to them because they have to speak Spanish, then you're missing all of HEB's marketing strategy, THAT'S THE POINT, for us to feel like we're at "home". sooo, yah. just don't go there if you don't like the environment. since most of the surrounding is Hispanic, they said, hey, let's make some money! so really we should be the ones mad but we don't care, we just worry about our own. ahem. what you should contemplate doing. maybe then you wouldn't be so racist. that area has ALWAYS been dense in Hispanic population. so maybe YOU should move on. first come...