57 views
Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
2.0

Update by user Sep 30, 2021

Both Century Hearing Aids and HearSource have been exceedingly difficult to deal with. They have not been forthcoming with requested information and it has taken months to come close to an agreement regarding a refund.

I am not satisfied that my hearing aid was returned in the same condition in which it was sent to Century. For this reason Century Hearing Aids will have to wait for me to consider this matter resolved.

Original review posted by user Aug 30, 2021

HearSource and Century Hearing Aids have so much respect for the truth that they apply it very sparingly.

This response twists the facts like HearSource twisted the second wire it sent me. The chain of events are out of order.

And no, the credit card company did NOT side with HearSource or Century.

I canceled the dispute for the above-cited reasons. Century Hearing Aids tried to extort me when it told me that it couldn't guarantee that another speaker and link would work. I fell for it and allowed yet another attempt at repair. After the repair was botched a second time, I attempted to reopen the dispute but my CC companys policy would not allow it.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

What should one think about a company that refuses to send documentation of its version of facts? I asked Sheryl (at HearSource) to send me documentation that it credited Century Hearing aids. She replied, "I will send you no documents." Century sent me no documents either until July.

This is a good one: Most customers use us as a last resort to repair their hearing aids.

What is the implication? I sent Century my hearing aid because my usual dispensers office would be closed for a few weeks.

Now, I wouldnt even consider either Century or HearSource as a last resort.

Another joke: the only thing we should have done differently for this customer was to refund him more quickly. We did everything we could to try and repair his old broken hearing aid. Hmmm interesting. Only the money mattered.

MORE quickly?

Five months doesnt even approach the description of quick.

Old broken hearing aid? The hearing aid was less than two years old. If Century Hearing Aids or HearSource documented the serial number on the aid, they could determine this quite easily. Neither Century nor HearSource did everything it could do to repair my hearing aid.

Rather, both did everything possible in order to avoid refunding my money.

Century and HearSource is well-advised to let this pass and take it on the chin (as both deserve) before I report both companies to their respective states consumer protection agencies for collusion AND price gouging.The average price for replacing this speaker and wire is $150.00. (I checked around).

If I read any more lies from either Century Hearing Aids or HearSource Ill report both to their respective states consumer protection agencies.

Location: Charlotte, North Carolina