Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer

Update by user Aug 28, 2021

Century Hearing Aids (Lakewood, NJ) outsources its repairs to this outfit in Indiana.First, HearSource put a speaker wire on my hearing aid that was too long. That was replaced with one that was the wrong hand.

In order to induce me to cancel my dispute, I was told (by Michelle at Century Hearing Aids that my own original speaker wire had been thrown out and Century couldn't guarantee that my hearing aid would work if someone else replaced the speaker wire.I fell for the extortion. I gave Century (and Hearing Services--- now called HearSource) another shot. What I got was a speaker wire that was too short. Finally, I got the original speaker wire THAT MICHELLE at Century said was thrown out.

This company's customer service is criminal.Because I fell for Century's refusal to guarantee that my hearing aid would work, I canceled my dispute with my card. It was stupid of me to fall for it.

After that, the credit card company could no longer credit my credit card.Apparently, there was a problem between HearSource and Century Hearing Aids that held up a refund. Note: I posted full documentation for this transaction in this complaint but it is gone now.

Original review updated by user Aug 28, 2021

I got a TEXT (!) from HearSource telling me to expect a letter from the company's lawyer Cousin Vinny. That letter never arrived.

Attached was a specious in-house memo indicating that it had refunded their repair fee to Century Hearing Aids. It was dated April 23. This is NOT proof that the fee was refunded to Century. A copy of a credit transfer from their bank or credit card company is proof.

In the exchange of texts, HearSource told me that the problem is between me and Century.

This is interesting. If Century received the credit back in April, why haven't I been refunded my money? (I have another complaint against Century Hearing Aids. Go take a look).

Then Chuck McElwee (Who?) responded to my complaints on their Facebook page in a very un-businesslike, trashy way.

The takeaway?

HearSource and Century Hearing Aids (aka Manon) were made for each other.

Avoid both like the plague. They are scammers.

User's recommendation: Avoid HearSource (aka Nano) like the plague.

Location: San Francisco, California