Monticello, New York

My dog was limping.I took her to my vet who noted she showed hind leg lameness.

I decided to wait a few weeks to have x-ray taken in hopes she just injured herself running. Limping was more pronounced as time went by so I brought her in for the xrays. 6 x-rays cost $440. I filed my first claim with Healthy Paws pet insurance and was refused because they said it was a pre-existing condition.

How do you know if there is any condition at all unless you have x-ray taken? So unfair. These people are horrible.

Stay away.Please.

Review about: Healthy Paws Pet Insurance.

I didn't like: Theyre main objective is to find a way to not pay a claim.

2.0
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss their services are very misleading. uncaring people. they just want to profit, profit , profit without considering really happen / $170
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Healthy Paws Pet Insurance?

Comments

Your pets insurance coverage/policy had to be in effect prior to any limping being noticed.If you can get a written statement from your vet stating that your dog had no noticeable limping issues on prior check up's/office visits.

You may be able to resubmit your claim.

Its always a good idea to have your pet checked less then 30 days by a vet prior to signing up for a pet insurance policy.

This way a vet can verify and chart in the pets records/file that the pet was in good health at the time it was examined and had no known pre-existing medical issues/conditions, prior to you taking out the pet insurance coverage/policy.This helps to avoid the pet insurance carrier from claiming a pet had a pre existing medical condition and less chance for a claim to get denied.

to Anonymous #1143382

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!Xrays taken that tell me what is wrong with the dog is not a condition.

You sound like a God damned politian!We live in a country where common sense means nothing as long as a lawyer and a politian are involved.

Robert Jahelka
to Anonymous Kerhonkson, New York, United States #1329294

I didn't see this until now.You're a real jerkoff!

I'm a politician? You're a *** Healthy paws employee. Obvious as ***. I put my name ***.

What's yours?Blah, Blah, Blah?

Bellevue, Washington, United States #1061517

We're never happy when we have to deny a claim for one of our clients.Healthy Paws makes every effort to be transparent about the limited exclusions of our policy.

Those exclusions are pre-existing conditions, preventative/routine care (which includes routine dental care) and the office visit fee (veterinary exam fee).

Anyone visiting our website can see this information on our "Benefits, Coverage and Exclusions" page.

Claim decisions are based off of your pet's medical records and the signs/symptoms that are noted by your veterinarian.Since your pet had been limping prior to enrollment (and therefore making it a pre-existing condition), we were unable to cover the x-rays for that particular limping issue.

Healthy Paws Pet Insurance

to Anonymous #1061671

The first thing you do when you recieve a claim is to find a way to not pay.That's a fact.

How the *** do you know she was limping from the same thing 3 months later? The first time I brought her in the doctors notes also show they couldn't find anything and she might have broke a nail. They clipped her nails. I know, I paid for it.

I guess that wasn't taken in to consideration. I brought her again after that and the doctor noted lameness in hind legs. I then waited a month or so to have the xrays to find out what was going on because she was still limping. You wouldn't even pay for xrays, let alone the condition itself.

That's a fact. Pre-existing conditions can no longer be used for human health insurance for a good reason, It's wrong. But you find nothing wrong with it, because it saves you money.

Instead of making 20 million a year you might only make 19 million.I'm sure the numbers are higher than that.

to Anonymous #1324800

Dude, take some personal responsibility.You should have read their very clear statements about pre-existing conditions on their website when you purchased the policy.

People often wait to buy insurance until their pet is sick, and then they cancel the insurance when the pet is no longer sick. It's called adverse selection.

If you ran an insurance company, you would put in pre-existing condition provisions too.This isn't Obama-care.

Brian
to Anonymous Bulloch County, Georgia, United States #1329155

While I agree people should take more responsibility.These kind of situations tend to happen a lot.

It is quite frequent people feel 'scammed' or 'mislead' by contracts and user agreements. Have you ever read any of the EUA/Ls from the software you installed on your computer?

Did you know that even though they have you agree to things such as not having liability, it in fact cannot be enforced in court? Which is why these companies do lose in court.

Just because it is in a contract terms does not make it legal, ethical, or moral.

Many people find policies filled with legal jargon they can't understand, or are simply confused.

Some people do in fact read them and come away with a different interpretation. I thought it meant x,y,z and not a,b,c.

At the end of the day, this persons arguments of merit are merely of ETHICS.Even if the company has the legal basis and law to protect them.

Robert Jahelka
to Anonymous Kerhonkson, New York, United States #1329295

Yeah, your not happy when you deny.***!

It's why you insurance scumbags make so much money.It's a game you cant lose.