HDB Interiors Flooring Brokers
We found this company through homestars.com and after meeting with the
president Tony Hellman, decided that based on what we had seen we
would use him to replace the flooring in our condo. In July 2008 we
signed a contract for 1100sqft of Jatoba milled in Quebec for
approximately $7.25/sqft. A day or two before our floor was supposed
to be installed Tony Hellman informed us that the wood we put a $7,350
deposit on in July (it was now the end of September) was sold to
another customer, but not to worry he secured a much better product
for us. Hesitantly we agreed to this new wood.
Tony Hellman installed Continental Designs Cumaru, which according to
many other flooring experts (and Tony's installer) is a Chinese
product. He purchased this wood from his "supplier" Brampton
Hardwood, for less than half of what he charged us and has confirmed
that he provided us with 25 boxes (there are 32.7sqft per box - you do
the math - we paid for 1,100 sqft of wood). We have recently had our
condo remeasured and confirmed that with waste there should have been
about 864sqft (so slightly more that what Tony delivered but we have
also decided to add hardwood to our powder room).
Neither Tony Hellman nor his supplier, Brampton Hardwood will provide
information on the milling location of this wood. The wood is milky
and has cracked in over 25% of the areas. Recently Tony arranged for
an "independent flooring inspector" to inspect the wood. Rick the
inspector from St. Lawrence did humidity tests and found our humidity
to be perfect. He informed my husband during the visit that the floor
should not be cracking and that the finish should not be milky as it
is. We have never received a formal copy of the inspection but Joe
Reis from Brampton Hardwood informed me over the phone that the
inspection reported nothing out of the ordinary.
We have started a blog to document our troubles with HDB Interiors and
Brampton Hardwood and the issues of using homestars.com to find a
Visit www.hdbsucks for our story.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hardwood Flooring
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Update Jan 12, 2016: Sean the salesman has yet to this day ever call me back (POS). On Jan 11th, I spoke with JT (customer service) and told her not..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "I bought a new home. Knowing the 3 bedrooms would need carpet, I planned weeks in advance and found the perfect carpet: Mohawk Soft DeCor, English Pewter color. ..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "Here's my review of Densmore's prep course: I decided to enroll the Densmore Consulting Prep Course for the 2014 UFE. My firm was not covering the cost of the course, so..."
- "Terrible. Bought 3 piece sofa set in tan color. It turned green. When i called customer service they wouldnt help. Said just over a year and they wont..."
- "I purchased the consulting accelerator program online in August and then had a death in my immediate family so I emailed Sam's help desk asking if they would honor their..."