Verified Reviewer

I will never use this company again and I recommend that others do not order from them.I chose Hazelton's for a gift basket for my brother-in-law and his partner for Christmas that contained beer, food items, and I added on a bouquet of flowers. Hazelton's committed to delivering the package within two days, by Dec 23.

There were multiple issues with the gift upon arrival and delivery was late, which probably contributed to the the following issues. 1) I made my order on Dec 18. Delivery was committed to 2 days, to be delivered by Dec 23. Delivery was not made until Dec 29.

Using shipment tracking software, I could see that the package was sitting in Calgary for 5 days when the package was reported as being "in transit". If the package was sitting in a warehouse or truck for 5 days in lower than -30C weather, this is likely when the items in the package froze. On December 23 I received a notice from Hazelton's that the package had shipped. It was supposed to arrive on Dec 23.

On Dec 28 I contacted Hazelton's with this inquiry: "I have been tracking this package (see photo below for order number) and I dont believe its arrived yet at its destination although I was told shipping would take 2 days when I placed the order. I scheduled the order for Dec 23. Could I please have an update on when it will be delivered? It included flowers so Im worried if the flowers will still be in good condition by the time they arrive.

Thank you." I didn't hear back that day. I wrote Hazelton's again on Dec 29th when I had received the update below (see #2 and #3) from my brother-in-law who received the package on the 29th. 2) When my brother-in-law received the gift, they reported that the beer was frozen and that it had exploded all over the contents of the gift basket. Imagine receiving what was supposed to be a nice gift, and then you need to throw out parts of it and spend time cleaning up the rest.

The beer was not consumable. I submitted a photo of the cans to Hazelton's that you could see are dented. When beer freezes in cans it expands and explodes/leaks out. Hazelton's reported this back when I sent in the photos of the beer cans: "We have received the images provided, upon thorough review of which we have decided that the condition in which the items arrived does not warrant compensation.

We understand that the way in which the products were jostled in transit may not have allowed for the most ideal presentation/appearance upon delivery of the order, but based on the images contents of the items themselves were indeed protected by their exterior packaging, which the recipient can still use/consume if they wish to do so." after which I replied: "It wasnt just the appearance that was impacted. I was informed by the person that received the package that the beer had exploded over the package. Since the beer had opened during transit due to freezing it is not consumable and the package was supposed to be focused on the beer. Also the flowers were dead.

The customer also had to clean beer off of everything in the package as they said it had exploded all over the package. If full compensation is not an option, what about partial compensation for the beer and full compensation for the flowers that had to be thrown out? When choosing a courier, Hazelton's should choose a company that can deliver on time and prevent their baskets from freezing - especially in Canada, in the winter." The basket was called "Holiday Craft Beer & Sweet Treat Gift Set" and the beer was the focal point of the gift. 3) I had added on a seasonal bouquet of flowers for $39.99.

The flowers were frozen and dead upon arrival. 4) I asked for a full or partial refund and I was told that since I did not have photos of the rest of the damage, and since my photos of the damaged beer cans were not good enough, that no refund could be given. My response was as followed, but I was told that nothing could be done without more photos. "The cans in the photo are dented and when beer cans freeze they expand and break open.

I have already informed you that the flowers were dead and that the person receiving them threw them out.

Hazelton's shouldn't expect people receiving gifts to take photos to document if something is wrong with them, and me as the sender can't expect that either. Hazelton's expectation should be that the package arrives as described when it's ordered and, in the time that was described for delivery."

User's recommendation: I will never use this company again and I recommend that others do not order from them.

Hazeltons Gift Baskets Cons: Late delivery, Damaged basket, Bad customer service, Bad refund policy.

Location: 13724 Borate Street, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Hazeltons Gift Baskets Reviews