Fraud! Don't use Hawkeye Management/Lencred to finance your business!
I was recently approached by Hawkeye Management for business loans. Once we reached the application stage, it changed into LenCred. It seems the two are the same company. One representative called me after I filled out my information. I wrote $8,000 for my 2013 income, which was true. I also told him my typical annual income is $24,000; last year was low because I was abroad. He said I should use $24,000. He asked if I have roommates and added their annual income so that I could have a household income of $70,000. I was not very comfortable but it seemed it's their typical and routine practice. My roommates and I are not related.
And then I got a list of banks to which they submitted my application. I thought there would be just ONE bank for ONE business credit card, but it turned out that they submitted my application to 7 banks (who knows, maybe more), which at least two are for personal credit cards. My credit score is 750+ and I can easily get personal credit cards. It does not make sense that I pay LenCred 9% brokerage fee for some thing I can get for free! It seems some of the banks can approve about $5,000. But who want to manage seven more credit cards? I already have three. LenCred should know better that too many credit cards can hurt my credit score.
So their strategy is to send my application to multiple banks and try the luck. I thought they had resources I did not have the access to but it seems everything they did can be done on my own (the same for everyone else). In their email, they highlighted ”Remember DO NOT mention you are working with a third party.“ This made me uncomfortable. I did not want to lie. A bank called me. I honestly told them the application was submitted by a third party. The bank said they were not aware of that. LenCred's work is entirely based on my own credit score!
So they wanted me to lie about my household income as well as how I applied. This is like coaching me how to fraud. It's against business ethics, and if bad things happen, I have to suffer the consequence of lying. Their manager said they would have collectors to collect $450 from me for a personal credit card with a line of $5,000. Welcome!
1. Don't trust Hawkeye Management/LenCred. They are not introducing you to a dedicated bank. They just try your luck. You can try you luck too.
2. Don't work with any firms that teach you to lie. Hawkeye Management/LenCred should be removed from you list of consideration.
I attached a screen shot of their email.
I sincerely hope this message can help other entrepreneurs that are raising money. Good luck!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Business Loan
- Review category
- Loans and Mortgages
You May Also Like
- "I've paid on time for YEARS and still owe more than I even borrowed. I attached a picture to support that claim too. It should be a crime the way..."
- "4 Responses to â€œDEALER SERVICES CORP. withholding the title to my car because of dealer non-payment what can I do?â€ James B says: February 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm you..."
- "I am so hurt. I had an emergency and had to relocate me and my children and applied for a loan and was approved even though I was uncomfortable with..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "I purchase a box of scented trash bags from GLAD. Every single trash bag was defective, leaving garbage juice to leak all over my kitchen floor. Worse yet, I'm pregnant..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "I Purchased a diamond ring from Ez Pawn Store #90104 (3940 s Keystone,Indianapolis Indiana)that was listed as a diamond white 10k gold ring that I later found out was not..."
- "AVOID MY MISTAKE - READ THIS! I ordered flowers for a funeral. The arrangement was called the "Givens Plant Basket". The basic plant basket was 59.99 and..."
- "I paided 2.99 for this *** ***...."