Fraud! Don't use Hawkeye Management/Lencred to finance your business!

1 of 1 Hawkeye Management reviews

I was recently approached by Hawkeye Management for business loans. Once we reached the application stage, it changed into LenCred. It seems the two are the same company. One representative called me after I filled out my information. I wrote $8,000 for my 2013 income, which was true. I also told him my typical annual income is $24,000; last year was low because I was abroad. He said I should use $24,000. He asked if I have roommates and added their annual income so that I could have a household income of $70,000. I was not very comfortable but it seemed it's their typical and routine practice. My roommates and I are not related.

And then I got a list of banks to which they submitted my application. I thought there would be just ONE bank for ONE business credit card, but it turned out that they submitted my application to 7 banks (who knows, maybe more), which at least two are for personal credit cards. My credit score is 750+ and I can easily get personal credit cards. It does not make sense that I pay LenCred 9% brokerage fee for some thing I can get for free! It seems some of the banks can approve about $5,000. But who want to manage seven more credit cards? I already have three. LenCred should know better that too many credit cards can hurt my credit score.

So their strategy is to send my application to multiple banks and try the luck. I thought they had resources I did not have the access to but it seems everything they did can be done on my own (the same for everyone else). In their email, they highlighted ”Remember DO NOT mention you are working with a third party.“ This made me uncomfortable. I did not want to lie. A bank called me. I honestly told them the application was submitted by a third party. The bank said they were not aware of that. LenCred's work is entirely based on my own credit score!

So they wanted me to lie about my household income as well as how I applied. This is like coaching me how to fraud. It's against business ethics, and if bad things happen, I have to suffer the consequence of lying. Their manager said they would have collectors to collect $450 from me for a personal credit card with a line of $5,000. Welcome!

My recommendation:

1. Don't trust Hawkeye Management/LenCred. They are not introducing you to a dedicated bank. They just try your luck. You can try you luck too.

2. Don't work with any firms that teach you to lie. Hawkeye Management/LenCred should be removed from you list of consideration.

I attached a screen shot of their email.

I sincerely hope this message can help other entrepreneurs that are raising money. Good luck!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 30 Yes 30
1 of 1 Hawkeye Management reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Vern

Mar 05, 2015 #954639

25000 businesses helped, 17 complaints. And a very detailed response from the Owner of the company n question? WAY TO GO LEDCRED !!! Keep up the good and obviously caring work !!! There's always has to be someone upset about paying a fee..... impressive!

4 1 Reply
leonard

Feb 02, 2015 #939714 Orlando, Florida, United States

I used Hawkeye Management for credit repair after my divorce, they did an excellent job for a reasonable price. My score increased over 100 points.

2 0 Reply
EAV

Dec 10, 2014 #913781

When I started with this company I did not know that there were going to put 11 enquires on my credit report, now they have ruin an opportunity that I had to get a loan of $250000 because of their negligence in the way they operate, they just apply as unprofessional which they should know which bureau to apply for in which they have no knowledge of it. I don't think that company such as this should exist for consumer and owner should be in jail by ruin someone else life.

4 5 Reply

Dec 10, 2014 #913786 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I totally agree. This company can be a pain in the butt. Believe this is just a start. They will keep bothering. I recommend that you report their misbehavior to authorities as I did.

2 6 Reply
promise08

Jan 07, 2015 #927387 Capitol Heights, Maryland, United States

Hi EAV,
Can you explain how you went to Hawkeye if you already had an opportunity to get a loan for $250,000? Also, what company was that loan with? Was it just based on credit also? Thank you in advance for your response!

4 0 Reply
Jimmy

Oct 10, 2014 #883071

Yes these people contacted me after I filled out some info online. She didn't tell me over the phone that my loan would be coming from some other bank.... Wow that's a big plus she forgot to add.
I'm staying away from this.....

2 5 Reply
Tom Gazaway

Aug 15, 2014 #856907 Gloucester Township, New Jersey, United States

I want to respond to this complaint. My name is Tom Gazaway. I'm the founder of Hawkeye Management. We recently changed our name to LenCred. We are the same company with the same people but we did recently change our name.
As a company with established core values of teamwork, excellence, bottom line performance, and embracing change it is always dis-heartening for all of our 35+ employees and team members for someone to say these things about us. Nobody wins when these types of situations happen with our clients. Over the past 5 years we’ve received formal requests for financing from over 25,000 entrepreneurs and small business owners. We’ve been fortunate that several thousand of those hard working people have become clients of ours who we have helped with their funding needs.
So what about this client who is making these claims? It’s interesting that he did not include his name in his complaint but we do know who this is from. I'll share a few things that were left out of his complaint. Initially, he demanded to one of our advisors that we give him a special deal and charge him less than we charge everyone else for the funding plan that he qualified for. We informed him that we don’t negotiate special deals just because someone wants to be treated different. Some of our funding plans have no fees and some of them have fees. When we charge fees those fees are always competitive and in-line with industry norms. We informed him that we would be fine with
... Show more

27 11 Reply
Anon

Sep 14, 2014 #869806

Very impressive response, but you should definitely take this guy to collections. He sounds like most of the other whiny babies on this site.

9 3 Reply

Jan 08, 2015 #928283 Miami, Florida, United States

The guy is right because the same thing happened to me and I got the same email.

3 1 Reply
Brian Casey

Oct 30, 2014 #893121 Asheville, North Carolina, United States

I will personally vouch for LenCred / Hawkeye Mgmnt. I have been doing business with them for years. In fact, I believe in them so much....I became a referral partner. Don't believe all complaints that you see online, some people are just mad at the world and will take it out on anyone that can find as a "whipping post".

7 6 Reply
duped

Nov 12, 2014 #899224

I will say that as soon as they got me signed up with thier "partner", Creditera, to get my credit scores in order to "move forward with the process" that all communication stopped. Phone messages and emails have gone unanswered. Hopefully, all they get from me is the $30 I paid for the credit check.

4 2 Reply
Tom Gazaway

Nov 27, 2014 #906967 Blackwood, New Jersey, United States

Duped,
Sorry you didn't get the response you expected. We use the Creditera service for two reasons. it's a soft pull so we are able to give you a credit qualification without creating any hard inquiries that could impact your credit profile and that would be seen by future lenders whom you apply with. Secondly, Creditera is the only online credit monitoring service that shows us BOTH personal AND business credit. So that helps us to do a better job of seeing everything and properly evaluating your credit qualifications. It's obviously up to you but it's always a good idea to monitor your personal and business credit if you are a business owner.
Lastly, as you know, you didn't pay us the $30. That got paid to Creditera. However, if you would like a refund of that $30 just contact us and we'll be glad to refund that to you. Sorry for your bad experience.

4 3

Jan 08, 2015 #928274

So far I still fill scammed by LenCred/Hawkeye Management until someone tells me how paying to apply for credit cards benefits me, BUT I can say that the Creditera experience was great. I really appreciate their service and wish that I would have spent thousands of dollars with them instead of LenCred/Hawkeye.

0 2
G. Douvas

Dec 14, 2014 #915561 Laredo, Texas, United States

If you want to know the truth about LenCred and their philosophy in helping small businesses access capital, go to their website. Look at the testimonials and other excellent resouces they provide to help business owners understand how not to destroy your personal credit in running a business and how to build business credit which is crucial for any business that needs funding. Nobody else has the experience and knowledge to do this correctly. If you get the chance to work with them you will find very clearly that this is a team of dedicated professionals with very high standards and ethics in working with their clients. I've worked with dozens of firms like theirs and NOBODY comes close to their abilities in helping businesses to get funding the right way. I also had the pleasure of meeting their top management team, Tom and Tim Gazaway. Both are phenominal and upstanding individuals, the likes of which i've not experienced in over 35 years of working with thousands of "industry professionals". The guys are unduly focused on doing things the right way and they lead a team of about 40 employees who are just as committed as they are. You cannot go wrong in working with LenCred. G. Douvas

5 5 Reply

Jan 08, 2015 #928282

I know the truth about LenCred since I have actually paid thousands of dollars to them for finding me credit cards from several different banks. LenCred might be advantageous for people who are unable to secure credit cards but I have a 786 FICO score. I could have applied for these cards myself for free and get the same funding. Then, they encourage you to call the lenders as Hello2014 said in his post.

4 3

Jan 08, 2015 #928271

I find that everything this individual has said is true. I also fell for their pitch. The email screenshot is also valid as well since I have received the same similar email. I feel like I got scammed. I wonder if I should dispute the charges. I wish that I read this sooner.
So Brian what makes you believe in them so much. I could have applied for the credit cards myself. Why do you think that this service is worth the premium?

2 2 Reply

Jan 08, 2015 #928303

You can pay them if you can find any single tiny good reason. To be honest, I couldn't. They stole your identity to apply for the loan online. And it's funny that people like you and me and anyone else who were cheated by LenCred didn't even know to which banks they have sent our private info. The best is to stay away from them and ignore them. BTW, I'm the guy posted the complaint. I would recommend once we see more victims we can file a lawsuit against their illegal and immoral activities.

1 1

Jun 26, 2015 #1000096

Funny, many clients say such nonsense, but if they knew which banks would lend & how much, they wouldn't go looking for help.
I've been a broker for over 10+ years and most people don't follow instructions or plans well. ***, many people can't follow simple instructions like don't put anything on your credit cards, or get any new inquiries with your credit, or don't pull any cash out of your bank account while in a mortgage loan process.
If you're looking to build your business credit/funding 99.9% of people will do so quicker, and at a higher success rate using a service like LendCred to do it. If you have a legitimate business in your first 5 years of business, this option can be a godsend.
I USED TO SEND PEOPLE TO THIS TYPE OF SERVICE (HAWKEYE, SEEDCAPITAL, ETC...), BUT HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING WITH BUSINESS CREDIT IN THE PAST 2 YEARS.
Amazingly, LenCred/Hawkeye are the only service providers I know of offering a pay as you go, after we've been successful option to their clients. Perfect no, exceptional in their niche & expertise, YES.

1 1

Jan 09, 2015 #928698 Miami, Florida, United States

What has LenCred / Hawkeye done for you? So far all they have done is apply for credit cards for me and charged me for it? I am not complaining but some of these complaints are actually legit. I am still waiting for my "advisor" to tell me what was the benefit to me.

0 5 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hawkeye Management.
Filing a new complaint about
×