Bad Experience with Haus of Adams
Had the absolute WORST experience with this designer.First time was a charm so we re-hired her to do our other website .
This time was an absolute a NIGHTMARE. I should end there, but can't. We hired Frances of Haus of Adams to revamp our website and asked her if she knew how to use PageCloud Platform. She said the learning curb should be short.
Days turned into weeks and she came back asking if she could go back to our old platform on Squarespace. Since we'd lost so much time we agreed to stay on Square. Each day I tracked the progress and saw approximately 20 of the work required being done, some days 0. Each time I checked in I would send her a comment.
Time was ticking she missed our first, second and third deadlines, having us at meeting going to the website (BASED ON HER I WON'T LET YOU DOWN PROMISES) just to find serious errors. 2 whole pages of last years information, which was clearly visible 2015 "locations" and 2015 Submissions. In her haste she pulled other pages that were dormant and just stuck them in to look finished. Finally the last meeting, I discovered that she'd made the pages LIVE without notice to us.
We looked unprofessional and lost 2 sponsors to say the least and received 147 messages that the site was wrong. After going live, she said I'll keep you posted. I changed the password the same night, corrected the pages and waited one full week and reached out. "Hey I thought you were supposed to keep us posted." I then proceeded to tell her what she'd done.
Oh you changed the password...YEAH, WE CHANGED THE PASSWORD 1 week ago. You'd known that if you were actively working on our project. Finally, we asked for a refund because she did not do anything acceptable, nor meet any deadlines, nor was aware that she'd made serious mistakes that put our business in jeopardy. It's been 2 weeks and she has not replied back, nor refunded our money.
What she did do is tell me a littnany of excuses about her apt being repaired and it going beyond time, and this and that. Simply put, not your clients problem. And finally if you are over your head, say so, communicate with your client, offer them options....DO NOT LEAVE THEM HANGING. I am extremely disappointed with Frances, because I believed we had a working relationship, having done work for me from Fiverr, then our Mailchimp, to our other website.
THIS TIME, SHE DROPPED THE BALL AND TUCKED HER HEAD BENEATH HER *** AND DISAPPEARED.S A D D D D D D D to say the least Unprofessional to say the most.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Would not refund
- Stopped communicating
- Published website with 2 pages of bad info
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Haus Of Adams Website Design
- Review category
- Web design
You May Also Like
- "I found Sitefix.us on Fiverr.com and inquired about a customer Shopify website build. They were very quick to reply and direct me off of Fiverr.com to their website where I..."
- "DO NOT HIRE AGRIYA.COM ! ! ! Signed SLA with Agriya to do a customization of Groupon Clone. Payed $2200 and did not receive anything as agreed. Thinking Agriya was..."
- "Samad Aghaei web designer is a scam. He tricks people that he is a freelance web designer—- presented us the websites that he (allegedly) designed and created himself, and assured..."
- "made an online purchase, but received refurbished damaged goods, i tried getting it returned but the vanished!!!! i emailed and called gave them proof of pictures, they promised to set..."
- "I RECENTY HAD MY JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE IN FOR SERVICE AT BAYRIDGE CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE RAM IN BROOKLYN AT 8635 18 AVE.I HAD AN APPOINTMENT GOT THE CAR THERE ON..."
- "When is someone going to do something about these people? I know these are only dog as most see it but these are our dogs. These people know..."
- "my break time po ba guadalupe branch? akala ko po 24hrs? ang explain ng guard ngayon lang na cut off resume daw ng 12:30Am pero andun nmn ang teller sa..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."