Verified Reviewer

Update by user Mar 17, 2021

Michael from Hasslers contacted me to tell me she was very disappointed in me. She asked me to remove my review on Facebook and told me she would be meeting with a lawyer.

I checked the office and it is still closed and has the same numbers on the door. One has no voicemail set up and the other was no answer, no call back.

I can't imagine what people in the park do if there is a problem The managers are completely missing in action. And...they still have my $35.

Original review posted by user Feb 02, 2021

I recently applied for a year round site in a small (10 sites) RV park on Ironwood in Quartzsite AZ. The park is managed by Hassler's RV Park.

The experience was a nightmare. I called Ironwood RV Park but the owner told me the park I was looking at is next to his. I couldnt find the manager. A park resident told me to go the Hasslers RV Park and talk to the managers there.

Michael (a woman, cute name by the way) seemed excited to find I wanted to be a year round resident. She told me they wanted that park to be all year round rentals. She gave me paperwork which I turned in along with the required $35 application fee. We seemed to get along great and she suggested I send in a resume to apply to become the onsite manager for the park.

Then she disappeared. I did see her a couple of times after that but she stopped answering her phone and they stopped staffing the Hasslers office. Her number was posted on the door but she would not answer it or return my calls. A resident in the park I was looking at suggested I go to the Crawford RV Park.

This company owns several parks in town. That office was also closed but had a different number on the door. I called and George answered. I explained what I was trying to do and he suggested we meet to discuss it.

He told me to call him the morning of the meeting and he would look at my resume. He also ghosted me. He didnt answer the phone and his voice mail was not set up. I called on the hour all day.

So I decided I didnt want to live in a park where the managers are unreachable.

I sent an email notifying them I was withdrawing my application. They didnt call or email me back, but wouldnt you know it, they cashed my $35 check that very day.

User's recommendation: You can't count on these managers to respond to your needs There are many parks where the managers are onsite everyday. I recommend you do your homework.

Preferred solution: I will post an update if the company, not these managers reach out to me. They can keep the $35 application fee which they were so petty as to cash after they refused to return my calls..

Comments

I would also love for you to post your bank account indicating your check was cashed the very same day. As no one in any of our parks have ever had a checked cashed in the same day by us.

This is another lie to make yourself the victim of something you are not. We actually have a few customers that really had issues during this time period who are far more justified to leave us a bad review then you are.

Dear Dusty, You came into Hassler's inquiring about another park owned by the owner, yet your leaving a review for Hassler's and you were never a guest. You were also informed that we did not have manager’s at both parks that me and my husband were covering them ourselves until we could hire more help.

I spent plenty of time with you in person and over the phone until I became ill. My phone log shows numerous calls lasting up to 45 minutes long on different days throughout the time you applied for this site. In January you completed an application for a long term site that wasn't available. You were fine with the wait.

We required a $35.00 application fee to check your background which isn't free to obtain. We approved and notified you within two days for a site in March. A week later you stopped in, wanting to move earlier. I told you we have campers in that site and needed to inquire about an early check in.

Unfortunately we could not accommodate an early check in and informed you of your move in date again for March. We did not require your yearly and informed you we'd set up a time closer to your move in date for payment and signatures. The following week you repeatedly contacted two parks several times regarding questions unrelated to the campground. Myself and partner were unable to answer your questions in a timely manner.

During this time period I became seriously ill and shut down our office, operating the business by phone and for check in's and check out's only. I spoke with you and informed you of why signs where posted on the door and why you hadn't had a call back. Did you forget you offered a free new form of massage treatment for ailments when I informed you I was ill? Or that I offered to promote your vending business free of charge in our other parks?

We were very nice to you in every encounter and did not understand why you left such bad review before any of us could contact you regarding your questions. Yes, we read your rant on Facebook and made the decesion to not have you in our park, burning out our new managers 24/7 with questions just to post their names or our company on facebook when your not pleased. I did contact you to request you take down your post and informed you to find a different park as it is harassment and slander.

Your actions are ridiculous and at no point have you ever contacted us for a refund .Please contact our park, we are open for the season and have staff who will accommodate your refund. Michael

Hasslers RV Park Reviews