Harolds Resort --- !!! BUYER BEWARE !!!
We planned a weekend getaway to Traverse City for our anniversary.Reviewed the Harold's Resort website and it looked like a nice place to stay.
Looked at their pictures on the website, spoke with the person on the phone, and everything appeared to be on the up and up. However, when we got there, the exterior of the buildings (cabins) were very very poorly maintained. Water Stains in the wood (can mean mold problems), Rotting wood walls, Paint flaking off of the buildings, torn screens, etc. At this point, after seeing the "Resort", we were ready to leave.
We canceled our reservation, asked for our money back and did not get our money back. The Harold's Resort website makes the resort look nicer than what it really is. Even the main sign at the entrance is hard to read because the paint is almost completely worn off of it. There are better places to stay in Traverse City.
They will not refund your money if you don't like what you see!TripAdvisor warning!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "WARNING –RENTER BEWARE Panther Knob Cabin Rentals in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee owned by Bobby & Susan Bates. After speaking with Susan on the phone for the first time I had..."
- "This report concerns a bed and breakfast (B&B) located at 48 Via Romana, Florence, Tuscany, 50125 Italy. The B&B is operated by Valerie and is named "Bellissima grande stanza..."
- "This place is nasty just nasty it had mold on the wall dead bugs on the floor blood on the wall the main door was just dirty nasty the tube..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- "I am extremely disappointed and furious to have been scammed by this company THE DEAL EMPIRE at the value of $66.80 for the purchase of Body Shaper panties and Slim..."
- "In 2015 I was selling an estate on behalf of my grandpa and Vera Owens represented the buyer who purchased the home. Vera was suppose to be the expert in..."
- "My wife and I checked in with our dog for our HONEYMOON on Sunday 6/26/16 and had an anticipated date of check out on 6/30/16. There was no one..."
- "I purchased intuit TurboTax Deductions and Homeowners Deluxe, for $50. I was forced to upgrade to next level to get Schedule D, for an additional $30. If I want to e-file State..."