Harolds Resort --- !!! BUYER BEWARE !!!
We planned a weekend getaway to Traverse City for our anniversary.Reviewed the Harold's Resort website and it looked like a nice place to stay.
Looked at their pictures on the website, spoke with the person on the phone, and everything appeared to be on the up and up. However, when we got there, the exterior of the buildings (cabins) were very very poorly maintained. Water Stains in the wood (can mean mold problems), Rotting wood walls, Paint flaking off of the buildings, torn screens, etc. At this point, after seeing the "Resort", we were ready to leave.
We canceled our reservation, asked for our money back and did not get our money back. The Harold's Resort website makes the resort look nicer than what it really is. Even the main sign at the entrance is hard to read because the paint is almost completely worn off of it. There are better places to stay in Traverse City.
They will not refund your money if you don't like what you see!TripAdvisor warning!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "We stayed at Americas Best Value Inn during our visit to Ft. Jackson, SC for our youngest son's graduation from drill school.We have five sons and they all have been..."
- "In November 2013 I stayed at the MANHATTAN CLUB, One bedroom-two bath unit 1516. This unit possessed all of the 'boutique' features: broken closets handle and kitchen light, a sofa..."
- "It appears that “Las Palmas Travel Network” (LPTN) may be a new scam connected to what’s going on at Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka Bahia Turquesas). ** Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka..."
- "In 2015 I was selling an estate on behalf of my grandpa and Vera Owens represented the buyer who purchased the home. Vera was suppose to be the expert in..."
- "I must say that I'm extremely unhappy with the folks over there at http://www.springofknowledge.com. I purchased Guitar Magic 3 a few years back and have since had to change..."
- "My wife and I checked in with our dog for our HONEYMOON on Sunday 6/26/16 and had an anticipated date of check out on 6/30/16. There was no one..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "Oh how I wished I would have read these reviews before I purchased the wig for this SCAM of a business. I also did not get the right color of..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."