Harolds Resort --- !!! BUYER BEWARE !!!

2 of 2 Harolds Resort reviews

We planned a weekend getaway to Traverse City for our anniversary.Reviewed the Harold's Resort website and it looked like a nice place to stay.

Looked at their pictures on the website, spoke with the person on the phone, and everything appeared to be on the up and up. However, when we got there, the exterior of the buildings (cabins) were very very poorly maintained. Water Stains in the wood (can mean mold problems), Rotting wood walls, Paint flaking off of the buildings, torn screens, etc. At this point, after seeing the "Resort", we were ready to leave.

We canceled our reservation, asked for our money back and did not get our money back. The Harold's Resort website makes the resort look nicer than what it really is. Even the main sign at the entrance is hard to read because the paint is almost completely worn off of it. There are better places to stay in Traverse City.

Buyer BEWARE!!!

They will not refund your money if you don't like what you see!TripAdvisor warning!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 2 Harolds Resort reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 01, 2015 #1002070

While I understand your disappointment, if you would have taken the time to read reviews you would have known this is not a brand new cottage. When you go there, you should be expecting a rustic cabin, which may be a bit dated but is clean. Also, it is written all over within their policies that what you pay is NOT refundable unless they are able to rent it to someone else. I found that policy within our paperwork prior to our trip just fine. It's pretty hard to rent it to someone else when you are cancelling the day you are to arrive. Before you book another cottage again, try doing some research on the place you want to stay.

3 0 Reply

May 08, 2015 #981689

What do you expect? It's the great outdoors. Improvise, overcome, adapt, and have a good time. Or go home and camp out in your backyard, woose.

4 2 Reply
Disagree

Apr 07, 2015 #968981

Your post is very misleading. The cabin you show is a storage cabin that supplies are stored in. It is NOT a cabin that they rent. I have gone here for many years. It is not the Hilton. It is a cabin in the woods. It is the closest that I will ever come to camping. I love having running water and bathrooms. I am sorry that it was not what you were expecting. I just don't want you to give the impression that the entire place looks like this.

4 1 Reply
PJ

Jul 20, 2013 #684271 Victorville, California, United States

Did you file a claim with your credit card company? And I'm sure you are aware, if you used a bank atm/debit card, you can also file a claim if the card has a Visa or MC logo on it.
You almost always get your money back when doing this. It is a protection afforded to you by Visa or MC.
You can do it over the phone, but you must do it within a specific time period, usually within 90 days of the charge.

3 0 Reply
WickedMutha

Jul 18, 2013 #682894 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

:x First off they show a completely different cabin in the "quickly sliding" slide view. There are no inside shots actually shown in the slide show. If, in fact, this was the cabin they actually put you in, I would consider this consumer fraud. The cabin you show in your picture should not be rented out to anyone...ever!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.