Harolds Resort --- !!! BUYER BEWARE !!!
We planned a weekend getaway to Traverse City for our anniversary.Reviewed the Harold's Resort website and it looked like a nice place to stay.
Looked at their pictures on the website, spoke with the person on the phone, and everything appeared to be on the up and up. However, when we got there, the exterior of the buildings (cabins) were very very poorly maintained. Water Stains in the wood (can mean mold problems), Rotting wood walls, Paint flaking off of the buildings, torn screens, etc. At this point, after seeing the "Resort", we were ready to leave.
We canceled our reservation, asked for our money back and did not get our money back. The Harold's Resort website makes the resort look nicer than what it really is. Even the main sign at the entrance is hard to read because the paint is almost completely worn off of it. There are better places to stay in Traverse City.
They will not refund your money if you don't like what you see!TripAdvisor warning!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "1st room was invested with termites 2nd one was fithy. Only prostitutes and drug dealers would be comfortable here. Pictures and videos. I filed a complaint #3246930 & still have..."
- "I arrived in Macon on December 14, 2011 at approximately 6pm from VA to visit my niece in the hospital. My older sister had made arrangements for me to stay..."
- "In November 2013 I stayed at the MANHATTAN CLUB, One bedroom-two bath unit 1516. This unit possessed all of the 'boutique' features: broken closets handle and kitchen light, a sofa..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "...I took him to a petsmart so I didn't expect anything great, however I got home and noticed blood on his ear this lady cut part of his ear!..."
- "My wife and I checked in with our dog for our HONEYMOON on Sunday 6/26/16 and had an anticipated date of check out on 6/30/16. There was no one..."
- "I must say that I'm extremely unhappy with the folks over there at http://www.springofknowledge.com. I purchased Guitar Magic 3 a few years back and have since had to change..."
- "We went to Save a lot to buy a few things like we always do but this week May-21-2015 we picked up a Gallon of 2% milk (White) and got..."