Harley Davidson - There should be a recall on the cheap rubber air stem on 2014 FLHXS

51 of 329 Harley Davidson reviews

I have a new 2014 FLHXS Street Glide special with less than 5,000 miles on it.The other day I had a blowout on the freeway and pulled over to discover my rear tire flat with it leaking from the cheap rubber air stem.

It cost me over $1,000.00 to get towed, tire replaced and replaced both cheap a** rubber air stems with metal stems. This is not right! In addition, my local HD dealer refused the bike tow on a Sunday and I had to drive it an additional mile on the flat to get the biked parked safely at my job. Not acceptable.

HD leaves their women riders stranded on the side of the road in 100 degree weather to fend for themselves.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Terry at hd service was very helpful
  • What I disliked
    • Cheap rubber valve stems that caused flat

Reason of review:
also left HOG member stranded on side of road
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2014 Harley-Davidson Flhxs Street Glide Special
Review category
Boats and Bikes
review #691726

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Harley Davidson? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
51 of 329 Harley Davidson reviews

Jan 04 #1265751 Livingston, Tennessee, United States

just the reason I have A Bridgestone Drive Guard run flat tire 205/60-16 on my 14 FLHTCU after the 1st 50 miles of riding at 42 lbs. I do not even feel the flat profile as much and I will NEVER get another rear flat again. to bad there is not a RFT for the front YET.ps then lower to 28-32 ride pressure.

Mar 28, 2016 #1135116

Sounds like your no longer in love with your HD vibrator (motorcycle)

Sep 16, 2015 #1034503

Harley shops are being run by a bunch of losers that think they have control over the coustomers and Harley lets the inmates run the institution! Plus their bikes are becoming AMF like!!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Harley Davidson.
Filing a new complaint about
×