Glendale, Arizona

Update by user Sep 27, 2016

In talking to a local furniture store that carries Hancock & Moore and with the corporate offices of H&M in North Carolina, I learned that only the frames are guaranteed because the leather being a natural product can wear out long before the workmanship.The people at Corporate explained this nicely unlike the local rep who was rude.

I ended up having the seat reupholstered because it was much less than purchasing a new piece of furniture.Bottom line: spend the money if you really love the piece and plan to keep it a long time, but don't expect it to last a lifetime.

Original review posted by user Aug 28, 2016

We purchased a chair & ottoman, a sofa and a loveseat approximately 20 years ago based on H & C's reputation as a quality furniture manufacturer.The loveseat is holding up fine, but the sofa is a nightmare.

The leather fabric is cracking and the tufted seat buttons have popped out. The ottoman is starting to do the same. We are an adult household with no children or large animals that would be rough on furniture, so we were distressed to see this happen on what we had hoped would be the last living room furniture we would ever have to buy.

When we contacted the rep from H & C, he refused to even come and look at the furniture, essentially blowing us off.So much for H & C's "lifetime warranty".

Review about: Chesterfield Tufted Leather Sofa.

I didn't like: Quality or customer service.

2.5
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Hancock And Moore Sofa
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $5499
Preferred solution Hancock & Moore should stand behind their product with a full refund or reupholster or replace the sofa.

Had an Experience with Hancock and Moore?

Comments

CS

Do you really expect a new sofa after using it for 20 years.That's like buy and new car and wanting a new one when it's worn out.

The fact it lasted this long is amazing.

It's unrealistic customers that ruin it for everyone.

Karnal
Conway, Arkansas, United States #1281248

Sorry, but that is NOT usual wear and tear.You obviously don't know how to take care of furniture.

That is dirty and dried.

No wonder they won't help you.Maybe take better care of your furniture in the future and they will abide by warranties and guarantees.

Bonnie Swanson
Grand Haven, Michigan, United States #1279027

I have a 25 year old Hancock and Moore sectional teal leather sofa.Raised two boys during that time (one now a Marine).

It looks like the day we bought it. Never have the two recliner seat mechanisms or stitching failed. H & C even sent us replacement inner cushions and stuffing for the head pillows free of charge and enough to last forever (I was elated). This sofa will outlast us for sure.

I only use a damp cloth to wipe it now and then, try to keep bright sunlight off of it, have only used cleaner on it once. I think I paid about $3,000 back then. A furniture sales person from Gormans in Detroit says it is worth about $20,000 now. It has spoiled me for other furniture it is like heaven to sit on it.

I may even buy recliners to match it. That leather on your furniture has been abused in my opinion, almost looks like you own a cat in some of the areas. I can see why H & C will not respond to your request.

We dog sit all the time for our son's 65 lb.dog - he is not allowed on it at all (dog hair, nails, oil from his coat would ruin it).

Joanne K
to Bonnie Swanson Phoenix, Arizona, United States #1279193

No. This damage was definitely not from a cat. Consider yourself lucky that they stood behind yours.