Plymouth, Massachusetts
1.3K views 1 comment

In 2004 we purchased five matching pieces of Hancock and Moore "Member" style leather furniture in "Document" leather from Cabot House in Framingham, MA.After two years the color began to rub off of the leather.

This continued to worsen, and H&M was contacted about the problem. They sent their rep out to our home and he contacted Cabot House,whose decorator selected this particular supposedly -durable leather for us, to come out and " repaint "the worn areas. After "repainting," the serviceman sprayed the finish. ( Hancock & Moore later said that their leather should never be sprayed.).

After this the leather color not only continued to rub off, it also cracked. In addition, pieces of leather actually lifted off of the surface if touched by anything sticky. This expensive purchase was a HUGE mistake! It is quality one might expect to find in a big-box store for a third of the price.

We are now left with an unsightly mess, and NO ONE is willing to help in ANY way. We sent a large, detailed packet to Mr. Moore, VP of H&M, outlining our entire issue, and he never even responded. Though his video on their website states that customer satisfaction is important to H&M, it obviously is NOT.

We also asked for help with our mess from Cabot House. They sent us an email saying that they talked to the H&M rep and both decided that ours was merely " normal" wear. They suggested that WE HIRE a leather refinisher at our expense for assistance. Passing the buck and ignoring the problem is NOT customer service.

They do NOT do customer service! That is obvious.

BUYER BEWARE OF BECOMING INVOLVED IN THESE ISSUES!

Review about: Leather Furniture Set.

I didn't like: Their quality or customer service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Stand behind your product and correct the issues, so that we have the durable-leather furniture that you represented.

Had an Experience with Hancock and Moore?

Comments

We have similar issues with our Hancock and Moore leather couches. I am very disappointed in how poorly the leather held up. We have far less expensive leather couches that have held up better