1.3K views

I went to hair club of Hauppauge NY I was scammed into paying 3000 for my first head of hair ( which the consultant told me would last years ) well it only lasted 2 months I was then told I had to join program which cheapest is 300 a month they glue hair to your head it itches smells looks like a cheap toupee I was very unhappy The center was dirty the staff unprofessional when I tried to cancel they told me I couldn’t because I signed a contract I’ve since been trying to leave I even called corporate office ( it’s like trying to leave the mob ) they say I have to stay one year until contract expires this is unfair I will be calling the Better business beaura this company must be stopped look at all their negatives reviews online let’s all come together and file a class action . You should be able to leave without being threatened to be sued !

Product or Service Mentioned: Hair Club Hair Replacement Procedure.

Preferred solution: Counter sue .

I liked: Management.

I didn't like: Scam and misguided, Stylist forgetting my preferences.

Comments

Ongoing fued amongst two long time employees and the owners son Hank bob and Scott. A lot of gossip they drag the clients into the animosity amongst each other.

It has nothing to do with our hair being serviced. We do not care about there ongoing anger over pay. There always late as well. I wait hours sometimes.

Extremely unprofessional.

We are paying to have our hair piece cut colored and styled. Do your job please.

I was a member for several years at hairclub of Hauppauge. I was a very unhappy client there.

The owners Son down to the Stylist there. It wasn't until i finally doing my research and found a new place to have my hair piece styled cut and installed the righ way. After so many years of looking like i was wearing a hair piece now i finally look like i have a natural head of hair. There are other alternatives.

Ask your friends or family Stylists for help in guiding you on where to go. Once you get away from hairclub of Hauppauge Islandia you will feel so much better about the way your hair looks. Finally my friends see how good my hair looks. My wife loves the way my hair looks.

I am so much happier since i finally found a new Solution to my hair loss problem.

There are so many reputable places other then Hauppauge facility. I am now free of the hassle of Hauupauge hair club!

Yes. I read this and I also go to Lillians Hair Systems 2108245299 and have been going to her since 1979. She has a lot of experience and prices are very reasonable

to Amy F 2525 #1424490

Wow ! You're old

Shave your head,bald is beautiful!

Don't worry...Take that thing off your head,cancel everything & run

You don't have to stay, you just have to pay.

I wish you had checked with this website prior to committing to a $3000.00 job.

Hair Club is notorious for overcharging for goods and providing mediocre service.

A true professional could have you looking great, feeling better, and at about 1/3 of the cost - a well made human hair replacement piece (following an accurate measurement and template creation) should run less than half of what you paid.

Very frustrating, I have empathy for you ; I've had a piece for 25 years and know every possible up or down of the process.

My technician is highly proficient (same lady for 24 years) and does (better than) a very good job. Don't give up ; take your lump now and put the $3000 on your tax return as an uncollectible debt since they can't make you look right and may have violated the terms of the contract themselves.

Then find a nice, private shop whose facilities and results please you. Good luck ! P.S.

I stopped at another hair / wig place to grab some emergency supplies once, and when I asked the lady there for the supplies , she asked "For whom? What sort of piece do they wear ?" When I told her it was for myself, she walked 360 degrees around me and stated in a lovely but clear foreign accent " Is perfect, is perfect ".

adamssct_49
to William #1423254

Instead of using Hair Club for Men, what company do you use? I wonder if there is one locally (Seattle). Although I am gearing myself up to go totally bald again after more than two decades of using Hair Club...my anger with and towards them is motivating me.

to adamssct_49 #1423932