Hair Club (formerly Hair Club for Men, or HCM) has transformed itself into a very different company than when it was formed decades ago. I think there was relatively little to complain about in the 80s and 90s compared to now.

Back then, you bought a few hair systems, about $1000 each, and they'd last and last. The hairlines weren't great, but after you bought them, you just needed a $65 service every 4 to 6 weeks. That was then.

In the 90s, more undetectable hair systems came along, and polyfuse (i.e. glue) for attachment instead of braiding the hair with your own.

But also, along came the PROGRAMS, where you paid a mortgage payment every month. The cost of an HCM hair system at least doubled, and probably tripled. At around this time, I noticed a few guys at work suddenly no longer have hair. I am sure it was HCM's new pricing.

I never went on a program, but it was definately time to check out something else. I started ordering hair online, and I learned to do the attachment, glue/tape, and even cut myself. Now I spend a few hunded dollars for the ENTIRE YEAR instead of that much in a month.

I use www.hairpiecewarehouse.com.

Comments

Hi. Thanks for the review.

For nearly 20 years, I have been....sooon to be was...a HCM client. I'm tired of constantly being pitched to upgrade my system and ever diminishing contract benefits, such as taking away discounts on products. It's also a hassle to get an appointment with your stylist, requiring appointments to be made months in advance. I also have experienced an inconsistency between hair systems, which are supposed to be the same.

One system will be thin and pliable, and the next heavy and stiff with very prominent knots, which makes me dread new services. At the time I joined HCM, there weren't many other options for hair systems, and in the 1990's the Internet wasn't what it is today. AOl was in its infancy and ecommerce was unheard of. Like you, I found a supplier online that's half the cost of HCM for a better system.

I will need to handle the attachment myself, but they do the cut down to my specifications. I already buy my products from this company, so I'm familair with them.

I'm looking forward to making a switch.

Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States #605127

actually, I wrote the review and I am not spamming. I was an HCM client for 14 years.

After that, I used toplace for 8 years. Then a few others, before moving on to hairpiecewarehouse.

Tenafly, New Jersey, United States #603441

This wreaks of spam to me. Post should be deleted, or link removed.