3.1K views

Hair Club For Men's "consultant" is nothing but a trashy, smooth-talking salesperson. In the so-called "free consultation", I was informed that their awesome product was not a wig.

Like an ***, I let the "consultant" rush me into signing their rip-off contract.

When their amazing product arrived, it was nothing but a cheap, obviously fake wig stuffed in an envelope!! By the way, she did not tell me that they were going to shave my existing hair till AFTER I was dubbed into signing. What a scam!!

I intend to fight this outrage because I'm not dissatisfied, I was just ripped-off.

Comments

Special thanks to my hair stylist Tracy. My hair looks amazing. I am very happy I went to hair club.

#320059

What these crooks are doing is common on sites like this.They think by employees posting fake stories that they will fool more IDIOTS to come waste money on a wig glued to their head.These positive stories are not real its just employees of the scam company hair club.Look all over the NET research what this scam company is and what a waste of money it is.Do not allow yourself to be taken advantage of like so many others.

#319719

I love my wavy hair. It's back, it looks great, and that's all I care about.

#319717

Thank you HC. I love how my hair looks now. You guys and gals are amazing.

Regarding the ads on here - they are not hand picked to show up while you're reading about Hair Club. The ads displayed are chosen as a result of content on the page.

If you were to go view a review of an automotive repair business, you'd likely see automotive related ads. So because the ads displayed are selected dynamically and based on page content, there is no truth in blaming the site itself or the people who administrate it.

I'm thanful and grateful To my stylist Angie. She did a wonderful job.

I heard that Ben Affleck got his hair done at Hair Club. Does anyone know if that's true? His hair looks pretty good.

My hair looks just like Brad Pitt's in Fight Club now. I was bald before and I looked at least 15 years older.

This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself. I back this company 100%

So many lies on this site. Hair Club NEVER shaved my head.

NEVER. They never even asked me to.

Look, I went to them because I hated to be bald. I am no longer bald.

I don't care what they had to do or how it had to be done. I have a full head of hair now and I am very happy.

to Mary Canada, Kentucky, United States #654697

They don't ask the woman to shave their heads FACT! I'm glad that you are happy but the horror stories here are very real,I know first hand because I use to work there!

so while there mayt be some that love the HC there are far many others that have been scammed by the bait and switch! Be glad that its working for and have a great day,enjoy your over priced lace wig!

The products worked for me. It takes time but yes, they do work.

I am new to a Hair Club.Ijust got shampoo and conditioner and vitamins called Extreme Hair Therapy. Is anybody using the same?I would like a true answers if improvements was noticiable.Nioxin has same sort of ingridients but threre is much bigger shampoo bottle...Does it worce paying nearly $300/month?

31. Written by hair *** on April 7, 2011

The entire feel of a trip to hair club is nothing less than being trapped in a nightmare that you can't wake from.

The "staff" are all creepy and fake. In your misleading consultation, you watch the same *** late-night infomercial in the office, except there are no 800 numbers at the bottom of the screen to call. Then they show you a microscopic view of your balding head. Of course it is going to make you want to do anything and everything to cover it as soon as possible.

When you show interest in a hair transplant, they fool you into believing that the "bio-matrix" solution will be your best option, for unexplainable reasons. Basically, it is a cheap, shiny, synthetic wig (although they assure you it is 100% human hair) that they glue onto to the top of your head AFTER shaving off what hair you had. They fail to tell you they will be shaving your head until they are actually shaving your head. They also fail to tell you in the initial consultation that every four to six days you have to glue parts of your wig back on yourself, that is unless you are made of money and can afford $250+ a month for weekly visits & upkeep on this ***.

They also don't initially tell you that you have to take "tepid" showers so the heat from the water doesn't cause the miracle glue to come loose. Like sitting in a hot tub with a hot lady? Better hope she is sympathetic enough to deal with your toupee possibly flapping in the wind because that water is MUCH too hot for your "new head of hair." These are the things the "stylist" straight out of the 90s tells you AS she is gluing down your wig, onto your newly 100% bald head. In the consultation, they ask you what kinds of hair products you use at home.

I only use professional products and they commended me on that choice. That is, until my appointment to have my wig applied, when they inform me that I MUST use their Dollar Tree-looking shampoo and conditioner. Another perk? The bio-matrix wig is so itchy that you feel as if you have head lice.

One HUGE red flag is that in the consultation, they make it seem like you can do all of the things you normally do and no one will be able to tell that it isn't your real hair. As the "stylist" glued my wig down and cut/styled it into a very outdated look, I noted to her that part of the front of my wig was noticeably peeling up. Instead of applying the miracle glue to it, she simply took her shears and snipped part of it off...?? I jokingly asked her if every time it started peeling up, I should cut it until I was eventually right back to where I was before I came in.

She chuckled and walked out of the room to get my "goodie bag." I put on a hat as soon as I was back to my car. Then I proceeded to drive to my regular hairstylist and pay for another cut, on top of all of the money I had already spent. Prior to the application, the consultant actually told me to tip the stylist $20 or more. How is this even still a business?

To be honest, I can't even wear my hair styled "up," because my "new hairline" looks so fake that everyone's eyes would instantly draw straight to it. Granted, I know [some] of these things are in the fine print... NOW. At the time of your consultation, I challenge you to attempt to read any fine print while the consultant is practically right by your side the entire time.

It's uncomfortable and awkward. There were so many tall tale signs that this place was a ripoff that I can't believe I actually fell for it.

After I had paid over $2500 by the end of my consultation, it was unfortunately too late. Please read plenty of reviews before you waste your money on this place.

Do not be fooled by the people who work for this scam company."Hair club" is nothing but a cheap noticeable wig that will cost you thousands of dollars to buy and maintain while looking terrible and fooling no one.Do research look at the COUNTLESS other sites all over the net talking about what a scam,ripoff,joke,etc this "company" is.Do not be fooled by these smooth talking sales people *** artist.YOU PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. You get one of 2 things at this scam company either a CHEAP WIG GLUED TO YOUR HEAD OR SOME VITAMINS THAT ARE WAY OVERPRICED AND SOMETHING YOU COULD BUY MUCH CHEAPER SOMEWHERE ELSE.DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM

And to James and all the other people, I don't work for the Hairclub. I'm just a person who goes there to get my hair.

If you're not happy with it, then go somewhere else, it's that simple. Don't ruin someone else's happiness. Now if I was working for them, I would have definietly not told you that. And on another note, my story is very true.

I don't see you backing your talk up. So either back it up, or back down and leave others' happiness alone. That's what is wrong with teh world nowadays. If someone like you can't be happy, no one else can be happy.

But I prefer to be happy, and I prefer for people like the person that replied to me about his/her son to be happy. If it makes them happy, then just back off.

To "Thank you 'Noneyabuisness', thank you so much for agreeing with me. And I'm so glad your son loves the Hair Club.

I'm glad he's out of the room for that matter! I used to be the exact same way, and I would cry almost every day. I still cry now and then, but still. Hairclub is awesome.

Oh hey, I get mail from the National Alopecia Areata Foundation. They go to different places and hold organaziations and things for kids like him and me. If he's at all intrested, you guys should really look in to it. I turned it down a couple years back, but they still keep sending me letters.

They go to all different kinds of places, and you get to meet people with the same problem as you. That'd be great, to be where someone knows what you're about, and you don't have to worry about being judged. So if ever your kid needs a boost, just look in to that. I'm sure its really fun!

(I've never even met a guy with the same problem as me!

It's really cool! Tell him to keep his head up, and he's amazing!!!)

My son has alopecia as well. Your story was touching.

He is also a client and a teenager. I'm very happy you feel good about getting your hair back. I think sites like this are terrible. My son has never been happier.

He used to sit in his room and hide before he went to hair club. I was so worried about him. Now he goes out and is doing what all teenagers do.

I have no regrets and nothing but nice this to say about hair club. They changed my sons life.