Tulsa, Oklahoma
3.1K views

Hair Club For Men's "consultant" is nothing but a trashy, smooth-talking salesperson. In the so-called "free consultation", I was informed that their awesome product was not a wig.

Like an ***, I let the "consultant" rush me into signing their rip-off contract.

When their amazing product arrived, it was nothing but a cheap, obviously fake wig stuffed in an envelope!! By the way, she did not tell me that they were going to shave my existing hair till AFTER I was dubbed into signing. What a scam!!

I intend to fight this outrage because I'm not dissatisfied, I was just ripped-off.

Comments

Finally quit HCM after being a client for over 20 years. I never felt like it was a scam, it was just an imperfect solution to a major problem.

And yes, the hairlines dont look real. We know that. And thats why we have "dated" hairstyles that dont require a visible hairline. Its not perfect, but it served its purpose for a long time.

And to those that might wonder why I left after being a member for so long? Easy. I started getting skin irritations on my forehead from the adhesives.

They must have changed suppliers or something. Anyways, after several months of blank stares from the staff about it, I simply shaved it of and that was the end of it...............

The Hair Club is great for peoplw who desperatley want to have some hair back on their head by offereing lace wigs and top pieces for the men,yes it is adhered with medical adhesive.so if you don't want this, then find another solution to your thinning/balding problem,because nothing else works. FACT.

What these crooks are doing is common on sites like this.They think by employees posting fake stories that they will fool more IDIOTS to come waste money on a wig glued to their head.These positive stories are not real its just employees of the scam company hair club.Look all over the NET research what this scam company is and what a waste of money it is.Do not allow yourself to be taken advantage of like so many others.

I'm happy I went to. I had a great experience.

@Adam

hair club employee.

I read some of these things on here and I'm seriously confused? I had it done and I've had nothing but a great experience.

I never felt for a second that I was "sold" anything. I told the consultant that I wanted to think about it and he didn't resist or twist my arm at all. He gave me his card and told me to call him when I was ready. I wish I would not have waited so long.

I'm very happy and I look so much better then I did when I was bald. Look, if you don't like being bald, go to Hair Club.

If you're happy being bald, then don't do it. Seems pretty simple to me.

That's what HCF is a bunch of *** artists. Cut me a break, shave my head and glue on a cheap wig for how much money, just like the others say save yourself $1000's and use rogaine all these crooks should be fired!

@Rob

All the way with you buddy. hair club is scam,rip off nation wide.

31. Written by hair *** on April 7, 2011

The entire feel of a trip to hair club is nothing less than being trapped in a nightmare that you can't wake from. The "staff" are all *** and fake. In your misleading consultation, you watch the same *** late-night infomercial in the office, except there are no 800 numbers at the bottom of the screen to call. Then they show you a microscopic view of your balding head. Of course it is going to make you want to do anything and everything to cover it as soon as possible. When you show interest in a hair transplant, they fool you into believing that the "bio-matrix" solution will be your best option, for unexplainable reasons. Basically, it is a cheap, shiny, synthetic wig (although they assure you it is 100% human hair) that they glue onto to the top of your head AFTER shaving off what hair you had. They fail to tell you they will be shaving your head until they are actually shaving your head. They also fail to tell you in the initial consultation that every four to six days you have to glue parts of your wig back on yourself, that is unless you are made of money and can afford $250+ a month for weekly visits & upkeep on this ***. They also don't initially tell you that you have to take "tepid" showers so the heat from the water doesn't cause the miracle glue to come loose. Like sitting in a hot tub with a hot lady? Better hope she is sympathetic enough to deal with your toupee possibly flapping in the wind because that water is MUCH too hot for your "new head of hair." These are the things the "stylist" straight out of the 90s tells you AS she is gluing down your wig, onto your newly 100% bald head. In the consultation, they ask you what kinds of hair products you use at home. I only use professional products and they commended me on that choice. That is, until my appointment to have my wig applied, when they inform me that I MUST use their Dollar Tree-looking shampoo and conditioner. Another perk? The bio-matrix wig is so itchy that you feel as if you have head lice. One HUGE red flag is that in the consultation, they make it seem like you can do all of the things you normally do and no one will be able to tell that it isn't your real hair. As the "stylist" glued my wig down and cut/styled it into a very outdated look, I noted to her that part of the front of my wig was noticeably peeling up. Instead of applying the miracle glue to it, she simply took her shears and snipped part of it off...?? I jokingly asked her if every time it started peeling up, I should cut it until I was eventually right back to where I was before I came in. She chuckled and walked out of the room to get my "goodie bag." I put on a hat as soon as I was back to my car. Then I proceeded to drive to my regular hairstylist and pay for another cut, on top of all of the money I had already spent. Prior to the application, the consultant actually told me to tip the stylist $20 or more. How is this even still a business? To be honest, I can't even wear my hair styled "up," because my "new hairline" looks so fake that everyone's eyes would instantly draw straight to it. Granted, I know [some] of these things are in the fine print... NOW. At the time of your consultation, I challenge you to attempt to read any fine print while the consultant is practically right by your side the entire time. It's uncomfortable and awkward. There were so many tall tale signs that this place was a ripoff that I can't believe I actually fell for it. After I had paid over $2500 by the end of my consultation, it was unfortunately too late. Please read plenty of reviews before you waste your money on this place.

@hair ***

Public should be aware of hair club immoral sales practices.

Why would anyone pay thousands of dollars for vitamins or a 50 dollar cheap wig????That is what you get with this scam company one of these 2 things or both.Either way your being ripped off.

@Chris

That's the way of hair club doing business..scam,rip off and lie to clients...

Me too. I'm very happy I went.

The consultant and my stylist are great. Go, go, go to HAIRCLUB

@Janet

Remember these are hair club employees.

@Janet

Please people keep on posting your experiences with hair club and how you've been scammed and ripped off. It can be useful to others before joining hair club or help their research.

I have hair again!!! Thank you. God Bless Hairlub

@Veronica

Has anyone notice the very few good reveiws all come within the same day or two, as if someone told he client/employee to come here and post something good? there will always be people who will do absolutely anything and sell their mother just to have hair and now I knopw just a few from here! robbing someone for hair is wrong!!!!!

I'm thrilled about what hair club did for me. It's not easy for a woman to lose her hair. I'm glad I went.