3.1K views

Hair Club For Men's "consultant" is nothing but a trashy, smooth-talking salesperson. In the so-called "free consultation", I was informed that their awesome product was not a wig.

Like an ***, I let the "consultant" rush me into signing their rip-off contract.

When their amazing product arrived, it was nothing but a cheap, obviously fake wig stuffed in an envelope!! By the way, she did not tell me that they were going to shave my existing hair till AFTER I was dubbed into signing. What a scam!!

I intend to fight this outrage because I'm not dissatisfied, I was just ripped-off.

Comments

I am their latest victim...I fell hook-line-and sinker! As a woman, hair loss is more devastating because we are judged by our hair (or lack of it). I was told my "system" would be less than $3000 (WITH a discount) but compared to surgery, it was less, so I fell for it. I NEVER saw a doctor then or now!! I had to have it financed, because I am NOT rich!! AFTER they put my "wig" on me, they asked me what "program" I wanted to be on?? What?? Excuse me...NO ONE said anything about an additional $250-$400 PER month I was going to have to pay (plus the $225 I was paying per month for the original system I had financed that I was "lead" to believe that was the FINAL cost of the system and that I would only pay $95 every 6 weeks for a color+cut). I was embarrassed and devastated. They gave me a "discount" to $200 per month and I felt FORCED to sign the 1yr contract. I had to get a 2nd job so I can pay for the system I was duped into buying!! Because the 1st system had a solid band, the look of the WIG is horrible! My stylist said she doesnt understand WHY they use this for he 1st one because they don't last. WHAT?? EXCUSE ME??? WHY are they telling me this now?? I went back and told them that it was itching like CRAZY and was made to feel like I was the only one to ever say that, and then they told me that they would need to shave what little hair I had on top of my head....I was SO shocked, I let them. It is not itching now, but it is now shedding and has bald spots because it is losing so much of the hair (my stylist said it was the solid band aaround the perimeter of the system (wig) AND because it is blonde and that I HAVE to go darker with the NEXT one. I have been blonde for 20+ yrs..I am SO embarrassed that I have gotten myself into this mess and I don't know how to get out of it....I can't afford to go to an attorney because I am already paying $425 every month for the next year on a system that is shedding worse than my own hair was. What can I do? I can't quit and take it off...they SHAVED the top of my head. I have to wear it until my hair grows back....

FOR ANY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS.....GO TO AN UPSCALE WIG PLACE AND HAVE SOMEONE STYLE IT FOR YOU.....you will save yourself a lot of money and a whole lot of embarrassment!!!!

DON'T GET FOOLED LIKE ME!

I didn't have any hair replacement done, but I just had an experience with Hair Club. I was sitting at the computer, and the phone rang.

I answered it, and the woman at the other end said something to the effect of "What can I do for you today?" I asked who it was, and she told me it was Hair Club, and again asked what she could do to help me. When I told her she'd called me, there was dead silence, and she said in a rather confused way, "OK, well thank you", and hung up. It was such a ridiculus situation, that it prompted me to look up this company. That's when I came across the comments of dislike, disdain, and dis-satisfaction.

Now, I'm a 70 year old woman, and don't mind if my hair is thinning, but I wouldn't buy anything from this company, even if I needed the services.

After reading all the comments, I will spread the word about their incompetant ways. Good luck to you all.

I went to the office in Raleigh North Carolina for their free consultation. I met with a guy who called himself THORN he showed me before and after pics of himself and told me how great this WIG was I was told they were having a half price sale so it would only be $1,000 not the usual $2,000 this was in the year 2000 so I agreed and wrote him a check he sent me with a stylist (sales person) to measure and pic hair color even when they were measureing my hair the stylist commented \"you still have alot of hair\" and they looked at each other in an unsure way.

They told me to come ack in three weeks When the 3 weeks were up I came back and met with this THORN again he told me my hair was there and explained some things to me he said I should tip at least $40.00 each time this on top of the $65.00 for a hair cut I just looked at him Then he sent me with an Asian woman who had on alot of jewelry she explained the first styling was free she also told me her husband owned the company everything went ok and I left when I came back in a month I walked in their office and saw 3 men in the waiting area I was suspicious of this especially when I was called ahead of them and they were still there when I came out. This was the first time I met TONYA my stylist she took me back and started by washing the WIG did I mention it itches like crazy. She cuts my hair and when she is finished she gets THORN he comes in the room and askes how everything went she says ok and I agree he askes her right in front of me how much did I tip she said $20.00 he said \"OH MAN I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO TIP $40.00\" I said I do not make that kind of money he said nothing and left The next time I came back I was a little pissed with the whole thing so I started to ask questions like who is this THORN I was told by TONYA he was the manager of that branch I asked how much money he made she said six figures and he drove a Porsche. I didnt really ask anything else when I came in and left again I saw 3 men in the waiting room and again I was suspicious I came back I about a month and again the next month About a total of 5 times on the 5th time I was FED UP I explained to TONYA I did not make a huge amount of money and I commented that the three men in the waiting room were almost like actors she just grinned and said HMM THATS AN IDEA I looked at her and said YOURE KIDDING ME she just kept grinning and said OK at that time I explained to her how much this was costing me and that I was driving over 8 hours to get there at that time she turned my chair around and told me the styling mirror was a two way mirror and often THORN and others were behind it training other SALES PEOPLE or just watching how things were going she told me YES the men were paid to sit in the waiting room to make it look as if the place had customers she said that it had few customers she said they were pressured to sell sell sell she said the reason the asian woman had styled my hair was to try to impress me because she and THORN thought I had money at first I explained to her that it had cost me aprox 5 or 6 thousand dollars for this WIG because every time I came down I had to miss work and then what I was spending on this WIG and I told her I would not be back.

This joke of a business was located in Raleigh North Carolina in an office in a big building I never saw anyone in the halls ever it was very SUSPICIOUS please do not give these *** artist your money and for those of you thinking HOW DOES THE WIG LOOK?

IT LOOKS TERRIBLE AND NO IT WILL NOT FOOL ANYONE A PERSON WOULD HAVE TO BE BLIND TO THINK ITS YOUR REAL HAIR. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY...

This (so called) company is the biggest joke I have ever seen

I was an HCM customer (read: victim), from the age of 20 until the age of 28. Why I lasted so long, who knows. It is a scam, pure and simple. The monthly fees are outrageous and you get nothing in return. The "systems" all look like ***, the stylists can't style (I always packed a hat with me to use after my appointment).

They dupe you in the consultation, making it sound like a one time expense...that is until your first appointment after signing up..."oh, so which monthly program will you be on?" Excuse me???

I always refused to buy their shampoo etc, opting for regular shampoos you can get anywhere with no alcohol in them. Boy did they not like that...they were always pushing their ridiculously over priced *** on me.

When I had finally had enough and canceled my membership after my contract was up, they still charged my account twice!! I had to go through *** to get that money back.

The day I went into my bathroom, took out the clippers and shaved my head was one of the most liberating moments of my life. I've been happily non HCM for two years. DO NOT ever become an HCM victim. They are horrible.

Thank you for all the reviews! I made an appointment but decided not to go since I saw so many bad reviews.

After being a frustrated Hair Club customer for 3 years I decided to look around on the internet for an alternative. I found several.

Toplace had good reports but I was skeptical about paying $195 and getting a realistic looking system. How in the world could a hair sytem that costs under $200 compare to the one I paid $1,200 for a Hair Club?

But at that price I though 'what have I got to lose?' I tried them and never looked back. The hair was a better quality--more soft and healthy looking and it didn't get 'matty' after 2 washings. The base was all lace--not just the front.

And I learned how to do all the maintenance myself. I felt free. No longer tied to a contract.

I was saving a small fortune and actually looking much better. I'm a happy camper.

They're horrible! I went to them for years out of desperation, thinking I had no other place to go.

A few years after I started going there they started trying to pressure me to get on one of their "programs" where you pay a huge sum monthly for service. I was a stay at home mom and couldn't afford such a high monthly payment and they treated me like dirt because of it and hounded me continuously. Plus MOST of the stylists could NOT cut a woman's hair...I always felt horrible walking out of there and frequently went to a friend to have her fix what they had done. The end came when I was chatting with a new client in the waiting room and she told me that she had just gotten her system and was TOLD that she was to tip the stylist several hundred dollars for her first visit and $100 thereafter for tips after service...I told her that she didn't HAVE to tip at all if she didn't want to, and that if she did that it shouldn't be any different than any other place that you would tip, 15-20%.

When the staff got wind of what I had told her they were horrible to me - I left that day and never went back.

I found a local lady who does hair replacement pieces for a fraction of what hair club charges...plus, she cuts and styles it fashionably and is compassionate. Hair Club can go to ***!

I'm a decent sales person. Maybe I should go to work there!

WOW!!!!

What I am reading about the CONSULTANT/USED CAR SALESWOMAN is pretty accurate with my recent experience in the San Diego office. Did'nt meet the Dr. did'nt get my FREE hair anaylsis but I was suckered into signing her form and placing a 500.00 deposit, I have to admit she is pretty good at selling. I called 4 days later needing to cancel the appointment which was made 3 months out and was informed they will not be returning my 500.00 due to the 3 day cancelation policy. I specifically asked the Saleswoman what the cancelation policy was and was told very quickly that as long as I gave 7 days notice it would be no problem. NOTHING was said or pointed out to me about the 3 day no refund policy, shouldnt that be important for a prospective client to know considering the huge costs they will be spending?? What type of business is this? Who treats people like this??

I too will be contacting the B.B.B. and do all that I can to make sure people are aware of this scam.

THINK TWICE BEFORE GOING TO HAIR CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is more fishing line than real hair in their product....overpriced scam with grossly marked up products like shampoo, etc.

ive dealt with them in the past and told them to take a hike and walked out the door and i deal with a local place now that has even better service and is not about high pressure sales or contracts.

i also got my hair pieces for 400 bucks new,that includes to cut and style it also and it looks better than what HCM has.

apollo is just as bad also, in the long run its all about money and not about the customer.

I went for one of their free consultions and was treated like a king till I started asking questions about Ongoing cost other important questions that a customer should be asking since we are the one that has our name on the bottom line.

When I asked they said the consultion was over and I was left in the room with my mouth wide open.

BE AWARE. This place is a scam.

well I'm watching the informercial now and all of the women look like they have on wigs. Sorry for what happened to you. These people really prey on the deseperate :(