4.3K views

Ok, so where do I begin. Let me start by saying that by choosing this company I made the worst choice in my life. Imagine a company taking 400-500 dollars from your bank account every month automatically w/out being able to give you appts to actually use the service because they are always low on resources , giving you a sub-standard service (hair cuttery's service is 10 times better), giving you awful haircut that i wouldn't even spend $ 14 outside, almost always getting the wrong order, size, color, etc. and then arguing with you. Imagine your head being shaved off from the middle because of using them and then being stuck with them. Don't Do It!!!

I have been with them for over a year now and have seen almost all of their stylists, so believe me when I say that they don't know what the heck they are doing. All they know is how to glue a matrix to your head after getting it wrong a few times or applying too little or too much glue. Other than that please don't expect them to either have the time or skills to give you a decent haircut, hair color or style. The only person who knows how to cut hair is their supervisor who only sees selected few people. Rest are ALL bad. They also keep constantly complaining about the mgmt. and are usually in a foul mood. Recently a couple of them had a list of names of people in their room w/ the type of package those people have purchased and what they need to have them convince to upgrade. One the stylist was *** bent on having me upgrade n proceeded to convey me by telling me that I am getting a very cheap product by spending over $5000 per year and must upgrade otherwise my skin is going to have issues by using the substandard matrix they were putting on me and I will be able to come more frequently. When I told her that I already have a few months where you guys are booked solid and are unable to have me come in (keep in mind they are still collecting for the month "they" are unable to accommodate), how can I come in more frequently? She replied, "you will be considered an important client then, so they will be able to accommodate you".

So, after going through the actual staff, let me take you through the contracting process. Their reps lie through their teeth. I was told that after signing the initial contract and forking out several thousand dollars upfront, I will have their membership and after the first four months, i will only need to pay up-to $90 for any given appt. of course this was a big fat lie and after four months they came over to me and asked me to sign another contract w/ them, when I mentioned the $90 option, they said that option does not include matrix and only includes haircut, if you need matrix, it would be over $1500 every time you get it. What could I do? my head was shaved in the middle, I was in the middle of the appt and the new rep was breathing on my neck... I signed the contract. But I hope you don't make this mistake.

As for facility, please note air conditioner doesn't work during summer, all stylist complain about it non-stop and some have even brought their own fans or keep the doors open while working on you. Contrary to what they say, privacy is not available in there, w/ the doors open during summer and random people coming and opening the door while your stylist is out (to get your matrix) is a norm and there goes your privacy and self respect out the door b/c you are sitting w/ a giant shaved spit in the middle of your head.

This place is involved in fraudulent and unethical practices. Please stay away. I am trying to find another alternative right now. I will update everyone once I find a good alternative or if this company makes necessary changes and takes a 360 turn in terms of their services.

Sorry if I misspelled anything, as I am typing from a tiny keyboard on my iphone :-)

Product or Service Mentioned: Hair Club Haircut.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Comments

Wow!!! I just read your review.

I'm so sorry you went through all this. I called last night for a simple brochure,and instead ended up getting an appointment set up for me. I was leary b/c ALL I wanted was the brochure. Plus he was very HARD to understand.

Red flags immediately!! I'm thankful for you and your honesty and hope and pray you are able to find something to help you. In the mean time I'll continue to look for something.

I'm already losing my hair, I sure don't need them shaving my head making me look worse than I already feel.

I wish we could keep in contact. So many questions I have.

E. S.

Let me also say I was only scammed by hairclub for 3 months and I never signed a contract.I can not understand how it could take people a year to see what a scam hair club is

First you must look at WHAT created hairclub and that will tell you all you need to know.Yes hairclub is one giant scam and this is well known.Basically you are paying thousands of dollars for a $50.00 wig they super glue to your shaved head.A coon skin cap would look better than the thing they glue to your head.My advice is TAKE IT OFF and do not go back to them.Yes I was a victim of them also and I removed the cheap wig at home and never went back.I was a victim of the one in Raleigh North Carolina where I was told by the manager even how much I should "tip" my stylist.My stylist is the one who really educated me about what a scam it is from the people they were paying to sit in the waiting room to look like clients to the 2 way mirrors in the room why you were being "slyled".Deny these scammers what they want most YOUR MONEY!!

proficiencyp@yahoo.ca
Toronto, Ontario, Canada #651820

They first press bullshits on yours and every ones honest reviews and while they are desperate for clients and money they come here pretending that they care..!ha ha ha who are you try to fool here hair club?i tell you no one but your own... people stay far away from scam hair club,do all your shopping on your own and online for fraction of price don't fall for hair clubs message like their so called Bio Matrix is marketing gimmick only..

Boca Raton, Florida, United States #650675

Hi, I’m Mike Nassar, Regional Vice President with Hair Club. At Hair Club, we strive to make every client look and feel their best.

I’m sorry if this was not your personal experience. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to see how we can make it up to you and improve our customer experience in the future.

Please contact me at 800-786-0328 at your convenience. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

to Mike N***ar #654000

Mike Nassar, your company strives to steal every penny from desperate customers who long for their hair back! Why don't you tell them the REAL truth about what your company really offers which are very expensive cheap quality lace wigs!

If this company was so great with customer service,you wouldn't have a plethora of complaints all over the internet complaining about the same *** thing!!!

You can't help no one!!!!

You an improve customer service by stop lying to the public!!!! SCAMMER!!!!!!

to Mike N***ar Spotswood, New Jersey, United States #807778

Worst decision i made in life i would love to show you how my hair looks when i leave my house i am so embarrassed how i look that i stay home more than i ever did. The hair is definately not the same as 5 yrs ago ,im told the hair is the same but its obvious not. How would you feel having so much stress every morning that tou dont leave the house unless ?

to Mike N***ar Lyman, South Carolina, United States #1332997

Contact you for what??? More lies . I'm reporting you to the better business Bureau.

to Mike N***ar #1450635

Chris Terkalas is unprofessional

I too am familiar with Tyson Corner,and yes, the club is solely a selling machine . The manager there is a total @ss-hole and none of them care if you are not satisfied,they only care about their bottom line!

They are masters of the bait and switch game and they all play *** if you should ever want your money back. BUYER PLEASE BEWARE!!!!!

There are so many complaints about them and if you walk into a problem without doing your research then all I cansay is that you have been warned! The internet is a wonderful thing!!!!

to jimmy #1450636

Chris Terkalas is so lazy,rude & unprofessional

Hair club is a rip off!!!! Most stylist for the most part are nice people who only want to style hair but the company's business model is SELLING and more selling every day, all day!!!!

Constant upgrading and product sales are the ONLY thing that they are about folks!

The stylist are pushed daily to upgrade and sell and they are given a certain amount of time to do the clients hair depending on the service being performed,so yes they watch the clock because they are scolded if they don't finish on time for the next client. In short the comapny offers lace wigs and toupess some llok nice and others look like ***,you will spend lots of money in the end so lace up your boots and wallets!