Verified Reviewer

Haines Contracting Inc (443.877.7103; they have a DE (1055 Lower Twin Lane Rd NeW Castle, DE ) and MD (Port Deposit, Md) address bid on & was hired to remove all attic insulation damaged by animal *** & urine as result of raccoon(s) getting in & setting up nests. He told me he completed the job but when I entered the attic to check on his work, to my surprise the work had actually NOT been done.

After many heated discussions and my pleas to complete the work, he and his estimator (Rand S) finally admitted that he did not have the expertise to replace the insulation per contract terms after all - BUT HE WOULD NOT RETURN MY MONEY!! Both of them tried to intimidate me and then berated me telling me I was being unreasonable because no one could do that work. BUT HE WOULD NOT RETURN MY MONEY !!! Had to spend months of my time trying to get my money back & had to hire another co to do the work.

Finally, investigators working with my credit card company were able to determine that Haines had not done the work & I was able to get my money back. Haines left health hazard in my home and he, his estimator and estimator's wife didn't care about the unhealthy state he left my home! BUYER BEWARE !!!(

These pics are what he left in my home-taken by the company I had to hire to actually get the job done. These people mentioned above went out of their way to ridicule, insult, berate me - oh, and the estimator's wife hid behind a door taking video of a discussion in front of my home!

No permission was given to those people to record this meeting/discussion - illegal to do that. Considering civil action.

Very dishonest operation. I wouldn't hire Haines Consulting, Inc to change a lightbulb!

User's recommendation: Please check BBB for rating, review, complaints. Also search web for other complaint/problems.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Haines Contracting Inc Cons: Dishonest, Lies.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Haines Contracting Inc Reviews