Haier LCD TV Mount Double stick tape Bull Sh*t

246 of 289 Haier reviews

Get this picture - A screw is supplied to mount the LCD TV to base - yet the screw insert plate - is held on with double stick tape!??

Whatta lousy job! see Picture online: http://users3.jabry.com/ptosis/Images/FailedHaier.jpg

And this is before even turning on the *** thing? What else going to break within hours/days/weeks?

Already wrote above message to http://www.haieramerica.com/en/support/contact_form

I am writing very short words to fulfill 100 word minimum, but there really isn't much more to say . just look at the picture! It just idiotic to put a screw in a plate and the plate is held in by cheap *** double stick tape!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
246 of 289 Haier reviews

Oct 07, 2012 #552012

2 years later and never did get any answer from Haier. What I did was take a hardcover from a book, drilled a hole and that is my mount stand. Ugly but works. Was'nt about to spend money on buying a 3/8" 1" square - but when I see a non ceramic tile with a pretty design I will 'upgrade"

Called Haier @ 1-877-337-3639

Jun 15, 2010 #154366

Bad sign #1 = there is no customer service phone @ Hairt website -- Good sign #1 = I got the number anyway from somewhere else, 1-877-337-3639
Good&Bad sign #1 = The guy I talked to was already aware of the codecs -- not playing Dixx .avi - etc .and the answer was, Don't know, we are in
the process of finding out from (Asia) about which codecs, call us back ---in two weeks.

OK.

So it seems that either my pissedoffconsumer.com complaint and 'customer support' emailer really did something --- or ---- There are thousands of this sets that don't play any *** .avi at
all .......

Jun 12, 2010 #153301

Which codec for avi does your 22' LED tv play?

CINEPAK?

MICROSOFT MPEG-4 VIDEO?

MICROSOFT VIDEO 1?

MJPEG (Motion JPEG)?

I already know it don't play DivX!!!!!

Model # hl22XXSL2
S/N DC18v0e0100dya140618

Jun 12, 2010 #153289

In the Haier manual they give you directions to put the batteries in the remote control (*** yes) but no mention of putting the base on. I guess they assumed everybody will wall mount yet. ( Well Yeah - after the tape fails in 2 hours!)

After Hot glue the mount I tried to watch a movie through the USD stick. It says it plays .avi - but so far nope. Not the codecs for Dixx, nor even the video I made with my Canon camera.

JFC - so what codecs does it play?
It can show a .jpg static image (BFD)

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Haier.
Filing a new complaint about
×