Gutter Glove - Bad customer service

1 of 6 Gutter Glove reviews

I recently ordered a Sunsetter awing.The installer they recommend in Milwaukee was Gutter Glove.

The rep. came and took our order and a substantial down payment. The awning took about five weeks to arrive. Called Gutter Glove several times to set up an install date, "please call me back".

Three days later and several calls finally a returned call. Seven day lead time for install "ok". Installers arrived, this is a roof mount system. Worker installed brackets but did not space them properly.

The awing bound up when deployed. Workers using my material jammed a block of wood under one end to get it to work. Went to hook up lights, "lights did not work not there fault damaged in shipment. I was concerned about the block of wood.

Installer said they would order an additional bracket and would install in a week. Two weeks go by and several calls which were never returned finally get a person. When I ask the rep. when they were coming back to fix it, he told me they were busy and didn't have time and did not want to upset other customers.

OTHER CUSTOMERS! I told him I was going to call Sunsetter. He said"do what you gotta do man". Did I fail to mention this was all paid for.

I called Sunsetter about this, they must have had some pull because they were there the next day (with a bad attitude). Worker who did shoddy work the first time was at it again. Turns out they lied about ordering an additional bracket, never ordered. Workers removed awing and repositioned brackets.

One of the brackets had to be moved. Worker did not have clear caulk which looked good on the other three, so he used gray caulk. It looked horrible. I made him remove it and put clear like the other brackets.

They had to go get some. I supplied them with a putty knife and some denatured alcohol to clean it up. He was throwing his tools and having a fit. I paid nearly $4000.

It should work properly and look good.

If you are having Gutter Glove install anything.They take your money and give you terrible service.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service, poor installation
Product or service
Gutter Glove
Review category
Building Products
review #890602

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gutter Glove? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 6 Gutter Glove reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.