Guitarras Alhambra - New guitar with a major defect and 3 year warranty, Alhambra would not honor warranty and accept a return.
Enviado el: martes, 30 de junio de 2015 0:23
Para: 'Manufacturas Alhambra, S.L.'; 'Info - M. ALHAMBRA, S.L.'
Asunto: RE: Guitar 5P CW E2
Hello Jorge, I sent the pictures of the saddle and bridge to an experienced luthier Gabriel DeHoyos, www.gabrieldehoyos.com/gabriel_guitar_repair. His response
“Hey there Carlos,
It's a sorry for excuse, piezo pickups work with even pressure from the stings pushing down on the bone then smashing the pickup at the base of the bridge. Without even pressure there will be tone loss acoustically as well as uneven volume across strings when amplified. Don't stand for this, feel free to forward my emails. If you loosen the strings you may be able to press the bone and pickup and set it level in the slot. Feel free to bring it by and I'll walk you through it no cost.
No that is not normal and is poor quality control, the slot is not square and the bone has an shim from the factory. I would return the guitar or have an new bone saddle cut and the bridge slot reroute where it's square,
Sent from my iPhone”
Gabriel DeHoyos MM
Jorge, if I buy another Alhambra 5P CW E2 would the bridge and saddle look like the Alhambra guitar that I currently own? If not, and it was a rare instance of quality control and this guitar has a three year warranty, then why not be glad that this was brought to the attention of your company representatives and allow me to return the guitar and receive one fully inspected so that I can have a positive experience and recommend Alhambra guitars because they stand by their product and three year warranty?
From: Manufacturas Alhambra, S.L. [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 12:09 PM
To: 'Carlos Feliciano'
Subject: RE: Guitar 5P CW E2. Serial Nº ?.
Following the e-mail of Ms. Pilar, we have showed the picture to the person in charge of the QC and he explained that, as we said, the finish is right.
The space you can see under the saddle is because the piezo pick up is located between the bridge slot and the saddle, so that is why you can see such space.
By the way, if any day you remove the saddle, you must be really careful because the piezo pick up can be easily scratched. Whenever you need to replace the strings, we strongly advice you to replace one by one, but not all of them at the same time.
On the other hand, and for customer service statistics, we kindly ask you to let us have the serial number of your guitar.
If you need further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Very best regards.
From: Carlos Feliciano
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:15 PM
To: 'firstname.lastname@example.org'; 'email@example.com'
Subject: Guitar 5P CW E2
About 3 weeks ago, I bought the Alhambra 5P CW E2 guitar. It is a beautiful guitar. I chose the Alhambra Guitar company because of its excellent reputation worldwide.
When I inspected the bridge and saddle, I noticed the saddle does not sit all the way through the slot of the bridge(see attached picture). Is this normal or a construction flaw?
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Does not honor warranty when defective merchandise is sold
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Alhambra 5P Cw E2 Guitar
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Jessica Zamarron of Pink Sugar XO arrested for using stolen credit cards obtained by mail thieves Aret and Frances Frangulyan. They pilfered over 759 credit card statements in their..."
- "I purchased furniture with a tag that reads, hobby lobby warehouse reorder furniture $149.99. Furniture Always 30% off, Your price is $104.99 . My 40% coupon was refused at their..."
- "There are facebook groups popping up all over the country for local swap and sell. If you see Scentsy reps on yours selling bars and bricks at half cost, beware!..."
- "Horrible business. I ordered an item and it arrived to me extremely broken. I asked for a refund and they were unwilling. Instead they offered another item free of charge..."
- "I am so done with these people! I advise that you NEVER order from them. Yeah, I love the products and things but it is not worth it! I am..."
- "Do not do business with the "Cash Store" or any other business of this type. They are freely willing to offer loans and don't require a credit check, but..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam, I'm writing this letter to report the immorality of Mr. Mark Kevin Concepcion while on duty. As per Mark Kevin Concepcion he was sent by your good company..."
- "My product was crushed and busted and does not work i would like another one please..."
- "We got a bed from Easyhome and a few months later we got bed bugs. We called Easyhome ( Store #202, 9104-118th Ave, Edmonton) They told us to throw the..."