Groupon - Wine complaint

5 of 274 Groupon reviews

I purchased a Groupon for Splash Wines.Upon validation of my voucher I was to pay the shipping cost, $24.95.

Splash charged my debit account $191.40. As of today I have not been refunded. Groupon stated I must take it up with the merchant. Groupon response was the merchant said they charged me $44.00.

Well why $44.00 when I was only to pay for shipping? Following are my comments to Groupon concerning this matter. I think this is terrible! How did you find out the merchant charged me $44.00.

Shipping cost should have only been $24.00. Why are you letting the merchant get away with this? A copy of the transaction below which showing amount charged, who made the charge, what was charged and date of charge. Am I the only Groupon customer having this issue.

I want Groupon to settle this with the merchant. This is your issue until it is resolved. You have sent me several different resolutions to this matter and none were satisfactory. If this is not settled this week.

I will be left to alert the media. I have all of our correspondences to give them, plenty of proof of poor quality in monitoring your merchants and follow up.

12/07/2016 Hideadditional information for activity type debit cards -191.40CHECKCARD 1205 SPLASH WINES 844-4449311 ID 24786636341006987078447 Edit Description activity type debit cards status type icon cleared Cleared.Select to mark activity type debit cards -191.40 CHECKCARD 1205 SPLASH WINES 844-4449311 ID 24786636341006987078447 as Reconciled -191.40 825.89

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Splash Wines
Review category
Shopping
review #986289

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Groupon? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
5 of 274 Groupon reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.