Green Dot Moneypak - Can't get a hold of a human, can't get my money back

20 of 290 Green Dot Moneypak reviews

I purchased a MoneyPak card to add money to my PaychekPlus card (the card my paycheck loads onto).This card is supposed to be compatible with MoneyPak (according to GreenDot & PaychekPlus).

I tried loading the card 20 minutes after I purchased it & got an error. I tried several times over the next 24 hours. Then I tried contacting MoneyPak only to find there is no way to get a hold of a human. The Walgreens I purchased the card at tried helping me & they weren't able to get a hold of anyone either.

I tried requesting a refund only to have the website tell me the number had already been refunded (the page froze when I tried to send the info & then said it had already been refunded. I received no email or text they say you should> from them). I contacted help on the GreenDot website & they emailed me back & said to use the "Help" on MoneyPak, except there is no way to contact anyone on MoneyPak. I have $500 on that card that I NEED to pay bills.

I live paycheck to paycheck.I emailed GreenDot back & told them since I cannot get a hold of anyone at MoneyPak that I demand a manager at GreenDot to get a hold of me or I will be contacting a lawyer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Interest Rate
Additional Fees

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • You cannot get a hold of a human to help with issues

Reason of review:
Green Dot Moneypak Card
Review category
Cards
review #953235

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Green Dot Moneypak? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
20 of 290 Green Dot Moneypak reviews

Dec 21, 2016 #1259221 Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

I have been fighting this for over 6 weeks now. I was told a check was issued on November 15th & would arrive in 3-4 weeks. On week 4 I emailed the company again & demanded to be contacted right away. I spoke to someone from corporate on December 16th & was told that they were sending the check via FedEx & I would receive it within three days. I was also told they would call back with a tracking number. I never received the tracking number. I'm on day five now with no check. I tried calling the number I called on Friday and was on hold with an automated system for 40 minutes. I emailed the company & demanded that they contact me by 10am MST tomorrow or I would contact a lawyer & the news.

Nov 28, 2016 #1246907 Denver, Colorado, United States

Same thing happened to me. I would love to talk to you about us maybe doing a class action lawsuit. This is ***, nobody can even answer any questions at Green Dot unless your prepaid card is green fit but mines a Kroger 123 rewards prepaid card

Heather

Nov 29, 2016 #1247568 Columbus, Ohio, United States

We are going thru the same thing right now with Kroger's 123 card....and can not reach any live person for GreenDot.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.