1.8

We kept the phone, but are disappointed overall. The first thing we didn't like was that there was nowhere in our area to go look at the phone in person.

You have to buy it, then return it within 30 days if you don't like it. That is an unacceptable policy for a phone marketed to seniors. We ordered the phone for my 90 year-old mother who had become unable to use her flip phone due to macular degeneration and glaucoma. This phone is marketed as having "larger" numbers, etc., but it is only slightly larger than an average flip phone.

It is easy to operate, and my mother can answer the phone, but she has not been able to use it to make outgoing calls. The feeling in her fingers is not good enough for her to detect the buttons by touch--they are not big enough or far enough apart. The red button feature is good for safety in an emergency, but she is very disappointed to not be able to call her friends as they are all more or less homebound now.

The red button is the primary reason we kept it. The customer service is basically, "Do you want to buy it now?" and "The instruction book answers all your questions." But it does not.

Product or Service Mentioned: Greatcall Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Not as described AND poor customer service.

Preferred solution: Fully disclose that the phone is not workable for sight impaired seniors (Answer to my direct questions--"No problems at all for sight impaired.") OR produce a larger version with larger keys that can be detected by touch/workable voice command feature.

I liked: Red button feature.

I didn't like: Cannot see in person before buying, Sales people do not know product, Said legally blind lady could use, Instruction book not helpful, Phone buttons not large enough, Phone buttons not usable by touch, Misrepresented keeping old number, Large screen not really that large.

Comments