In researching whether Jitterbug services the area where we live, I was told by Jitterbug service representative Amber that area where we live is serviced by Verizon, and that Great Call uses Verizon towers. Therefore, she assured me, Great Call services this area.

There is no service here from Great Call. Was also told that phone service would be $10 a month. Actual cost is $41 a month. Am returning the phone, but after reading the reviews and talking to Amber and her supervisor, I have no realistic expectation of getting a refund.

The scam includes targeting seniors, who are more likely to fall into the Jitterbug trap. Almost certainly, the percentage of young cell phone savvy Jitterbug users is very low. Amazon has no business pushing Jitterbug.

I learned about Jitterbug from a pop up Amazon ad while reading my Kindle Oasis. So please be aware that Amazon is being less than reliable and trustworthy regarding this device.

Product or Service Mentioned: Greatcall Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Just that others be aware that Jitterbug is a risky product. I fell for it. I do not request anything more than a refund when Jitterbug receives the return. .

I didn't like: No full disclosure of true costs, Unuseable website.

Comments