Update by user Jan 07, 2017

Update: The replacement phone came quickly and was replaced without any argument. Phones were still under warranty.

However, a few days after activating the second replacement (now the third flip phone with this problem), the replacement phone started doing the same thing. We were assured that the phone they sent would not have the same problems as the others. An yet it is freezing up and pressing the up/down arrow keys doesn't move anything. I have already had to remove the battery several times in just the last two days.

Three strikes and you're out, Greatcall.

I can't believe they are sending out phones that don't work. It's unbelievable that they are letting such a serious safety issue go on and on.

Original review posted by user Dec 27, 2016

My elderly mother has been a Jitterbug user for several years. First was a flip phone, which worked great.

Then she wanted to try the smartphone version. Turned out to be too difficult for her, so we ordered a new flip phone. We had numerous problems with the phone turning itself off when we didn't want it to. We had to press the arrow keys 4 to 6 times to move through the menu.

Often the keypad would light up but the screen remained gray. Sometimes when trying to move the arrow keys, the phone would shut itself off! It froze several times and the only way I could fix mom's phone was to remove the battery and put it back in. She can't do these kinds of things herself, so what good is this phone for seniors.?

After that, the phone would only work for a day. We called Greatcall - they replaced the phone a couple of months ago. And guess what. This replacement is doing the same thing.

I am about to call Greatcall and cancel everything. I am disturbed that they are selling a sub-standard product. This phone is not good for seniors (or for anyone else) if it constantly freezes or does not work.

In an emergency, my mother would have a useless phone. Do not buy the flip phone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Greatcall Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments