1. I went through 3 replacements in 3 weeks.
2. "Expedited Delivery" is regular mail from when Great Call ships it.
3. Multiple calls all over 20 to 30 minute wait times.
4. Flip does pair with car bluetooth BUT not capable of downloading contact list making "hands free" impractical.
5. For an old folks phone the ringer volume is way too low.
6. No alarm clock (for meds reminder).
7. Shorter battery life.
8. 2nd phone did not have "voicemail" tab. Had to be returned.
The concept is good. Big easy to read screen, large buttons, simple yes and no keys. If you are a shut-in who does not drive this phone is for you IF you get one that is "pre-activated".
If you order one, MAKE SURE you demand it is pre-activated! That seems to be most of the complaints. You send it back and they check it out and send you another one that someone else returned.
My user guide was smudged and marked up suggesting the Flip had been around the block a few times before it got to me.
Product or Service Mentioned: Greatcall Cell Phone.
Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.
Preferred solution: Roll out a phone that works out of the box, senior friendly, loud ringtone, downloadable contacts (just like a $12 burner from Walmart).
GreatCall Pros: Phones simple use, Great concept.
GreatCall Cons: Ringer volume too low, Reliability.