Grand Slam Garage Sales (B&E) of Houston Misrepresentation and Unprofessional. Stay away!!

1 of 1 Grand Slam Garage Sales reviews

Prior to reading this please know that I have more positive reiviews then negative. Things have to be pretty bad for me to go out of my way and write this. That being said:

I inquired about a craigslist ad for two barstools that were for sale. The description said durable, solid wood, very comfortable, etc. Here is the current link http://houston.craigslist.org/fuo/3406658317.html . The pictures looked nice so I called the listing which stated it was by owner. After talk of delivery I asked if this was a business. I was then told it was. I was given the address 99 Braeswood Houston, TX 77096 and was not given a name. I arrived at a Grocery store known as Belden's. After calling two more times it was explained to me that this "Business" is located behind the grocery store.

I finally found a door in an alley type area behind the store with one blue box truck, with the name Grand Slam Garage Sales on it, parked next to the door. I was greeted with two poorly dressed men and one woman. They walked me in the Dark Storage room and showed me the two stools I was there for. They looked horrible and one had a crack clean through the seat. The man tried explaining to me that he is a wood worker and can fix it. Mind you I just drove through the ghetto for about 40 minutes to find this place and I was originally told that "nothing was broken" so I was pretty pissed off. I didn't let him finish his sentence. I said I was "not interested" and walked away. Also this is not the same man I talked to. I believe his name was Ben Wessenstein and he is the owner. His response to all of this, and I quote,"The chairs are exactly as pictured and it was a basic description. Says: good wood bar stools, durable, etc. There is a small crack on the wood as it's actual wood. You don't have to purchase and you didn't. Sorry for your frustration man but those are the facts."

A small crack would imply just that, not a completely separated seat right? What a joke. Anyhow, sorry for the rant. The point is, DO NOT waste your time with this so called Business. It's a couple of friends selling items from a storage bin in the ghetto. If you see the number 713-291-8065, the address of 99 Braeswood Square, the name Grand slam or B and E garage sales .... run away!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
1 of 1 Grand Slam Garage Sales reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
BG

Apr 11, 2015 #970896 Houston, Texas, United States

Grand Slam Garage Sale should NEVER BE CONSIDERED for disposal of items!!!!!!! This company is a scam and left me in very serious straights because of their inability to meet their contractual obligations! DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 0 Reply
Grand Slam Garage Sales

Nov 15, 2012 #569297

We would like to respond to this complaint.

Here is the truth of the matter:
Part of our business is re-selling items. We buy in bulk and re-sell. Only a small fraction of this complaint is correct. This gentleman contacted us from Craigslist looking to buy bar stools. We have a few locations where we store items that we sell.

One of our locations is behind a grocery store named Belden's. It's just a warehouse location and doesn't have good lighting, so it can be a bit dark at certain times of the day. (It's not a showroom as most sales are done through delivery and online, but you can definitely see the items clearly.)

The location is not in the "ghetto" by any means. It's in the Meyerland area of Houston. The fact that it took this person 40 minutes to get to the location, had nothing to do with us. We answered his calls and gave him directions promptly.

The crack was a small (less than half inch) crack on the seat that we honestly noticed when this guy did.

Also note, if he would've purchased the stools and didn't want to keep them, we would have let him return them as we do care about making our customer's happy.

There were three people working at the time. They had on polo shirts with khaki shorts or jeans. One of the workers is a wood worker and offered to fix it.

The man who seemed to be angry from the beginning, stormed out when he saw the bar
... Show more

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Grand Slam Garage Sales.
Filing a new complaint about
×