Grand Slam Garage Sales (B&E) of Houston Misrepresentation and Unprofessional. Stay away!!
Prior to reading this please know that I have more positive reiviews then negative. Things have to be pretty bad for me to go out of my way and write this. That being said:
I inquired about a craigslist ad for two barstools that were for sale. The description said durable, solid wood, very comfortable, etc. Here is the current link http://houston.craigslist.org/fuo/3406658317.html . The pictures looked nice so I called the listing which stated it was by owner. After talk of delivery I asked if this was a business. I was then told it was. I was given the address 99 Braeswood Houston, TX 77096 and was not given a name. I arrived at a Grocery store known as Belden's. After calling two more times it was explained to me that this "Business" is located behind the grocery store.
I finally found a door in an alley type area behind the store with one blue box truck, with the name Grand Slam Garage Sales on it, parked next to the door. I was greeted with two poorly dressed men and one woman. They walked me in the Dark Storage room and showed me the two stools I was there for. They looked horrible and one had a crack clean through the seat. The man tried explaining to me that he is a wood worker and can fix it. Mind you I just drove through the ghetto for about 40 minutes to find this place and I was originally told that "nothing was broken" so I was pretty pissed off. I didn't let him finish his sentence. I said I was "not interested" and walked away. Also this is not the same man I talked to. I believe his name was Ben Wessenstein and he is the owner. His response to all of this, and I quote,"The chairs are exactly as pictured and it was a basic description. Says: good wood bar stools, durable, etc. There is a small crack on the wood as it's actual wood. You don't have to purchase and you didn't. Sorry for your frustration man but those are the facts."
A small crack would imply just that, not a completely separated seat right? What a joke. Anyhow, sorry for the rant. The point is, DO NOT waste your time with this so called Business. It's a couple of friends selling items from a storage bin in the ghetto. If you see the number 713-291-8065, the address of 99 Braeswood Square, the name Grand slam or B and E garage sales .... run away!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bar Stools For Sale
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "I lived in Humphrey ark. I needed some work done,so I drove seventy-five miles to little Rock ark. to have a tooth extraction, and a upper partial made. The Doctor..."
- "I've used tide for years , I recently bought the Tide pods , today I washed and my white clothes are blue the pod did not fully desolve , so..."
- "Earlier this week, a promotion popped up from Staples.com - it was obviously to get businesses and consumers to try their copy&print services. It was simply a small self-inking..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."