Grand Slam Garage Sales (B&E) of Houston Misrepresentation and Unprofessional. Stay away!!
Prior to reading this please know that I have more positive reiviews then negative. Things have to be pretty bad for me to go out of my way and write this. That being said:
I inquired about a craigslist ad for two barstools that were for sale. The description said durable, solid wood, very comfortable, etc. Here is the current link http://houston.craigslist.org/fuo/3406658317.html . The pictures looked nice so I called the listing which stated it was by owner. After talk of delivery I asked if this was a business. I was then told it was. I was given the address 99 Braeswood Houston, TX 77096 and was not given a name. I arrived at a Grocery store known as Belden's. After calling two more times it was explained to me that this "Business" is located behind the grocery store.
I finally found a door in an alley type area behind the store with one blue box truck, with the name Grand Slam Garage Sales on it, parked next to the door. I was greeted with two poorly dressed men and one woman. They walked me in the Dark Storage room and showed me the two stools I was there for. They looked horrible and one had a crack clean through the seat. The man tried explaining to me that he is a wood worker and can fix it. Mind you I just drove through the ghetto for about 40 minutes to find this place and I was originally told that "nothing was broken" so I was pretty pissed off. I didn't let him finish his sentence. I said I was "not interested" and walked away. Also this is not the same man I talked to. I believe his name was Ben Wessenstein and he is the owner. His response to all of this, and I quote,"The chairs are exactly as pictured and it was a basic description. Says: good wood bar stools, durable, etc. There is a small crack on the wood as it's actual wood. You don't have to purchase and you didn't. Sorry for your frustration man but those are the facts."
A small crack would imply just that, not a completely separated seat right? What a joke. Anyhow, sorry for the rant. The point is, DO NOT waste your time with this so called Business. It's a couple of friends selling items from a storage bin in the ghetto. If you see the number 713-291-8065, the address of 99 Braeswood Square, the name Grand slam or B and E garage sales .... run away!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bar Stools For Sale
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "...Got 2 pints of potatoes ..my husband put potatoes on his plate , went to take a *** and bit down on a high piece of plastic..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "We are a GE stockholder and still got screwed by GE. They shipped us a new refrigerator that was absolutely not damaged in transit. We discovered a dent in the..."
- "We stayed at the Wyndham in bossier city Louisiana . The first room was nasty so they put us in another room. The sheet and pillowcase had a..."
- "I bout my daughter an expensive outside toy from a store a toy made for grass and dirt not hard surfaces. We only had the toy for 5 days and..."