In February of this year my retina detached, causing the vision in my left eye to require a much stronger prescription. I was unable to wear my contacts and thus needed prescription sunglasses. Go-Optic seemed to have a nice selection and unfortunately I did not read the reviews before I placed my order. I spent $300 on prescription Burberry sunglasses. The left lens of these sunglasses was so big, that I scratched my left eye. I wish I could post a photo of how thick the lens of these frames was. I was unable to even place them on my face. When I contacted Go-Optic to see what happened, they indicated that the frame I choose was too large and they were unable to process my prescription. They indicated that due to my high prescription, I would need to select a frame with a eye size of 52. Unfortunately, Go-Optic DOES NOT CARRY ANY SUNGLASSES FRAMES WITH THIS EYE SIZE.

I conveyed this information to Go-Optic and they stated that it was not their problem and when I requested a credit back to my Visa after returning the faulty sunglasses, they stated that I would get $40 credited back to my account.

Please don't fall victim to this company. They will rip you off without a doubt. I have proof of the type of merchandise they try to pull off as being authentic and professional. They are thieves.

Review about: Burberry Sunglasses.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with GoOptic?

Comments

TimTom
Playa Del Rey, California, United States #583767

What a dreadful company! I waited FOUR MONTHS phoned the unhappy unhelpful help desk lots of times - nightmare!

It was just really sad to hear how truly brow beaten their staff sound on the phone.

Krikor

Truly one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.No wonder they have an F rating from the Better Business Bureau and there are hundreds of complaints about them online.

I did a background check on the owner Jirayr Kalenian of Redondo Beach, CA.

It says he's 30 and the company has been in operation for over ten years.Is that even legally possible for a company that fills prescriptions?

Go Optic sucks

Maybe this person made a poor decision, but Go Optic is a terrible company with terrible customer service. Read other reviews and they all say negative things! Avoid Go Optic like the plague!

generika77

Yes, Optical Technician - I was an unhappy drama queen and I take responsibility for my part as purchasing prescription sunglasses online with a unique prescription was not a smart choice.

I'm rather embarrassed as I re-read my posting. It seems so silly to exert so much resentment over something so incredibly not important. That posting make me sound like an old woman with dozens of pet cats - not that there's anything wrong with cats.

I guess hindsight is 20/20....

Optical Technitian.
#351979

According what you are saying about your eyes, you are actually considered a legally blind and the lenses that go-optic made looks like a nice job, I personally don't think problem is the glasses However I do think you are a confused unhappy person

AreYouBLIND?

Is this an online company?If so, why would you order your eyewear online when in fact you had a detatched retina and knew your Rx was unique?

If you would have been smarter about your choice of purchase and actaully taken the time to drive somewhere and have a professional help you pick out sutible frames/lenses this probably would not have occurred.

I can guarantee most of that $300 you spent was on that name brand frame.Hate to say I told you so but online shopping for your eyehealth needs was not a smart choice.