Chicago, Illinois
1.4K views 25 comments

A attorney has contacted me in reguarding to filing a class action lawsuit against Goodman manufaturing

please the following info

a CLASS ACTION LAWS SUIT IS BEING LOOKED INTO NEED TO GATHER INFO FOR THE ATTORNEY out of Columbia,SC

PLEASE Send the information for me to send to the attorney

NAME

ADDRESS

CITY,STATE

PHONE NUMBER

MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER

what problem you were having and dates to:

brownjeffrey1661@yahoo.com

the more we get the better it will be for the attorney to decide to pick up the case.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A HOAX!!

PLEASE RESPOND..... WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOSE

Review about: Gsh130421Ap Heat Pump.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Goodman Manufacturing?

Comments

Walter

March 2014 They have a coil leaking problem and they know it, going to repair for the 3rd time today and goodman will do nothing! Unite is only 3 years old and costing me a bundle

HVAC contractors...I am a fellow hvac contractor and have posted on this thread.

I am currently involved in a lawsuit against Goodman for their business contract breach, and other damaging offenses.

If interested in joining the lawsuit, please write to me at garyhouser@msn.com.I'm in Georgia.

to Anonymous #1164262

Has this class action lawsuit going anywhere yet?As of yesterday I found a 2008 and 2009 goodman ac system that was leaking.

One was about 4 pounds low and the other was completely empty.It sucks having to tell our customers that there going to have to pay for the repairs.

hard@work

I have sold over a million dollars of Goodman/Amana equipment with a very high recall ratio.I have sold 395 extended warranty contracts valued at $50,100.

They will not honor ANY of the contracts, and will not allow me even to get a FAILED PART replaced. Have to go through a friends account. I have attempted to work this out with corporate to no success. I have now filed my lawsuit against them.

Goodman counts on us not doing anything and because it is a huge step to take... We don't do anything.

I'll put updates on my case.I see on this site as well as talk directly with other contractors and this is the way they do business on a daily basis.

silverfox1958
to hard@work Easley, South Carolina, United States #765392

This is bull.I have been an Amana dealer for 6 years and have sold the labor warranty with every unit which is well over 150.

I have had to work on many under warranty of not only the ones I have put in but on other company installs.

I have never been turned down for parts or labor.I have been paid every time.

hard@work
to silverfox1958 Atlanta, Georgia, United States #765594

No bull here!Hard to believe, I know.

150 over 6 years is a respectable yet small amount. I would not have had any issue had they paid their warranty claims. They have a very high failure rate which causes more claims. I have resorted to running claims through a contractor friend of mine just to get paid something.

I currently have 31 claims which date back as far as December of 2012, and all are in the name of his company, not mine. He is an active customer in good standing, yet these claims are pending. My point is that I am not the only one. i know many contractors who receive this type of terrible response to the payment of warranty claims.

My friend does not get turned down either...just ignored!

GOODMAN HEAT PUMP JUNK
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #616020

I HAD A NEW HEAT PUMP SYSTEM INSTALLED IN FEB.2010.

IN AUG 2012 THE REFRIG. LEAKED OUT. IN FEB. 2013 THE REFRIG.

LEAKED

OUT AND THE EVAPORAITON COIL WAS DEFECTIVE AND NEEDED TO BE REPLACED AS WELL AS THE REVERSING VALVE.

THE ORIGINAL COIL WAS MADE TOR THE LOWER PRESSURE FREON AND COULD NOT WIHTSTAND THE HIGER PRESSURE OF THE 410A REFRIG.AND THE REPLACEMENT COIL

IS MADE DIFFERENNTLY AND OF DIFFERENT MATERAIL.

Shannon D. Barnes
Bedford, Indiana, United States #593901

I had this system installed September '07 for +- $5,000.June of '10, the reversing valve went bad.

Technician says: "Oh no, this doesn't look good. We've been having a lot of problems w/ these RV's in the Goodman." Come to find out, not only did it go out, it was also leaking and released most of refrigerant from the unit. Luckily, the part was under warranty, The refrigerant and labor, however, were not. August '10 the unit stops working again.

Due to the leak causing low pressure in my system, the compressor is bad from running w/o sufficient coolant pressure. This also makes me think that maybe, just maybe, my low pressure monitor was bad ! What do you think? Luckily, this part was also under warranty.

Total bill, w/o parts mind you, $1,000!! So basically, I have the unit totally re-built in 2010. Fast forward to yesterday, unit's not working. I'm told my compressor is locked up.

Tech puts on a hard-start unit and the system still will not run. I call my original installer, and although I put NEW parts in it in 2010, and parts have a 5 year warranty, Goodman will not honor that warranty if the original installation date was in excess of 5 years prior.

I think the thing that galls me the most is that neither Goodman nor my original installer will stand by the product.My contractor basically took me for $6,000 and has an "Oh well, you bought it and it's your problem" attitude.

silverfox1958
to Shannon D. Barnes Easley, South Carolina, United States #765395

in 2010 there was a lot of reversing valves bad in Trane Goodman and others that was using china products.

sagg99

model# GSH13030-1 & GSH13042-1 both units indoor coil failed after only 6 years.When we purchased our home from the builder, we never received the warranty paperwork to register the units.

we later found the warranty in the attic on top of the unit. Goodman now says since we didn't register within 60 days we are only covered for 5 years not 10. The units were installed in Oct. 2006.

We brought the home from the builder May 01, 2007 so the registration period was long past the 60 days limit.

If you start a lawsuit count me in.Goodman is the worst, I will never buy any of their products.