On 7 October 2014, in the Supreme Court of Queensland, in the matter of Lakaev v The Age Company Ltd Anors, Her Honour, Justice Jean Dalton (in reference to the conduct of Goldsmiths Lawyers and Barrie Goldsmith) stated the following;

"why should I not refer your firm’s conduct to the Legal Services Commissioner in Queensland? The plaintiffs have been left in an appalling situation where there was no proper preparation for this trial. It seems that almost no assistance was given in terms of trying to find a barrister who would act on spec. Everything seems to have been left up to the plaintiff to try and find some kind of representation. At the very least, Mr Goldsmith ought to have, I would have thought, terminated the relationship between himself and your client. That’s so far as his duty to your client is concerned. So far as the duty to this court is concerned, I find it absolutely extraordinary that he would have appeared on the 26th and 28th of August this year knowing that there were no proper arrangements in place for representation of the plaintiff at this trial, and knowing that – well, not knowing of any fact which was likely to change in that regard and yet urged me to keep the trial dates in place, urged me very strongly to keep the trial dates in place. I cannot see on the face of it that he has acted in accordance with his duty either to his erstwhile client, Ms Lakaev, or this court."

Mr Goldsmith, this conduct falls well short of the expectations people place in Lawyers. We encourage you to have a good hard look at yourself and improve your conduct and consider the consequences your questionable professional conduct has on hardworking, everyday Australians. People deserve better.

Review about: Legal Services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Goldsmiths Lawyers?

Comments

Please take notice that Barrie Goldsmith (“Plaintiff”) has initiated an action in the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas (OH), case number A1504584, due to allegedly false statements made on Pissed Consumer, among other websites.Plaintiff has served a subpoena on Opinion Corp, the company that owns and operates this website, for contact information pertaining to the author of this review.

You may have a right to file and serve a response to the subpoena anonymously.

If you intend to file and serve a response, please do so, or notify us of your intent to do so, on or before September 9, 2015, by emailing us at DefLaw@vorys.com.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia #996993

In relation to the Lakaev case, allegations were made, at the very beginning of October 2014 ,in an extremely belated attempt by her to obtain an adjournment of the trial that was then due to commence.As usual, it was a case of “blame the lawyer”.

I was not present in Court + did not have the opportunity to respond to the appalling allegations. The client had been advised from the very outset that all costs had to be paid in advance and was reminded continuously throughout the proceedings. The allegations by the client were false and scurrilous and were made purely in an (unsuccessful) attempt to obtain an adjournment. On 17 June 2015, we received a letter from the OLSC advising that a complaint had been made but we have received no formal complaint, no investigation has been undertaken + inevitably, any complaint, if it is to be pursued, will be dismissed..

I do not propose to respond any further to reviews about this case.if you want to know more, you coward, identity who you are and then I will tell you more.

Barrie Goldsmith