I purchase a Roketa MC-51 in September 2008 and have had nothing but problems from the moment I drove off the lot. I purchased the bike from a dealership called Silent Green Machines.
The day I drove the bike home I noticed something wrong with 1st and 2nd gear. Just was just a little funny. I thought it was due to the bike being brand new. After riding it for 3 days the clutch totally went out. I could not shift any longer.
I took the bike back to Silent Green Machines who told me there was a 1yr warranty on parts and service. They ordered a new clutch and put it in the bike. When I picked the bike up and speaking with the dealership they mentioned they were having a hard time with Roketa and they did not warranty anything. Even thought the bike was less than a week old.
I brought the bike home and it was working great for about a week. Then it would not start any longer. I tried to check the battery but that was not it. I took it back to Silent Green Machines but they had gone out of business due the economy. I was able to get a hold of my old sales guy there and he sent me to another company in town that fixes Roketas. He explained the parts should be warranted by Roketa since the bike was less than a year old.
After arriving to the new repair shop the man noticed a electrical problem. He fixed the bike but it cost me $120.00. I explained that the bike was under warranty and he said that Roketa is not warranting anything. I paid the $120.00 and drove the bike home.
One week later the clutch went out again! I now have a bike with less than 100 miles on it.
I contacted Roketa directly. This was the worst hour ever!
When I called I asked to speak with someone in sale about a bike I purchased. They transferred me to a man that was hard to understand. I started to explain my problem when the phone was disconnected. I thought it was a mistake.
I called back and asked to speak with someone about a bike I purchased that I feel is defective. They put me on hold and transferred me again. This time a lady answered. I explained my problem and she put me on hold. 10 mins past buy and the call was then disconnected.
I called back to Roketa asked to speak with anyone about a purchase I made. They transferred me to the lady I spoke with earlier. She said we do not warranty any products. She explained I need to contact the deal I bought the bike from. I explained the company I bought it from is out of business and that I feel my bike is defective from the day I bought it. I felt it is a lemon. She then yelled at me and said, "OPEN YOUR EARS AND LISTEN WE DO NOT WARRANTY ANYTHING" then in the background she says to someone else, "Jesus this lady will not listen to me."
I said I am listen I need the name, phone number, or address of the manufacturer for Roketa so that I can get in contact with someone who can help me. She then placed me on hold. I was transferred to the original guy that was hard to understand. When I started to explain my problem he placed me on hold without saying anything. I was transferred back to the same girl who said hello. Once I started speaking the call was disconnected again.
I asked straight forward for the name, number or address of the manufacturer. They transferred me and never came back on the line. After 25 mins on hold I hung up.
I'm not even asking for my money back I just want the bike replaced with one that works. I am now out $2,700 and a non working bike.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Defective Motorcycle
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "Bob promises you the "Nicest Restored TDI on the planet!" from this hokey shop in Bellingham staffed by kids and amateurs. Six months after the initial payment for a..."
- "Well, when many people told me not to buy a Volkswagen, I simply ignored them and thought, "they are a ford/Chevy die hard fan, what do they know?" Turns out,..."
- "The glacier coffee table is advertised as white onyx softened by swirls of grey and white - in reality the stone is sage green and tan - nothing white or..."
- "I spent over 3300 on blinds for my new home. The local installer was a nice guy. The blinds were inconstant colors and every window had 3-5 bent blinds. some of them..."
- "I ordered a dresser, night stand, and desk from Cymax. None of the pieces came labeled and, after spending hours putting a desk together, we found out the pre-made holes..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."
- "I bought a box of Suzy Qs and opened the package and got a weird chemical smell. I could barely choke down one ***, I threw the rest out and..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."