Update added by user May 19, 2015
I just called their customer service line.After being on hold for 53 minutes, I got through and the guy basically told me that he'd email me a sticker to ship the board back, and give me a full refund, including shipping costs.
He also said that I could re-order the product, call customer support with the new order number and they'd call the store to make sure it's the right thing. I asked if I could call the store it's coming from personally to make sure it's the right product and he said it's against policy. I tried explaining to him my frustration and let him know that I'm going to wind up with the exact same thing again. But he assured me that won't happen.
So we'll see.I'll post a video for further evidence and will once again update this when and if I get the right item.
Original review posted by user May 19, 2015
After checking the two locations within 25 miles of my house only to find out they both were out of stock, I finally ordered the limited edition Santa Cruz Star Wars Chewbacca longboard off their Amazon site.I waited until payday to purchase it and by the time I went to buy it, the price had dropped $90, so I immediately locked my order down and sat in front of my door like Scott Pilgrim to receive my item.
A few days later (Today), I came home to find a beat-up cardboard box duct-taped to another crappy box to make it longer, laying on my porch in plain sight (Of a highly-trafficked neighborhood). I picked it up, expecting it to weigh a few pounds, but was surprised to find out it was extremely light-weight and clinking around inside. I cut open the box only to discover a shrink-wrapped skateboard deck. No wheels, no trucks and no receipt or stuffing inside to protect it.
So not only was it not a longboard with wheels as the pictures and description on the site would have you believe, but it was a completely wrong graphic. I have emailed GoHastings, but judging by what I've seen here, on their Facebook and on Amazon, I won't be getting any feedback from them through email. I will post a follow up after I get a response from them. My advice, if you're ever wanting to buy anything from their site or through their Amazon account, do not.
Never deal with them outside of one of their stores.
Customer support is nonexistent and their pullers pay no attention to orders and shipping.I will never be buying from them again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Receiving the wrong item
- Reason of review:
- Wrong item
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Star Wars Chewbacca Longboard
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I haven't been in the store much. My only issue when I did go there was that they didn't sell picnic blankets (in the summer). Online site SUCKS. ..."
- "Buyer beware!! Read the return policy closely!! We ordered a football helmet for our grandson for Christmas in November. Measured his head, per their instructions, and ordered..."
- "Signed up for the NFL GAME PASS 2016 on my NFL.com account, and was put on the 14 day trial. Had this last year...no problems. When I accessed..."
- "Bed issue is still not resolved. I've been told in store by a vet rude manager at the s OKC location that they do not stand behind their beds after..."
- "Zazzle is a complete rip off, they say 100% satisfaction guaranteed, but when I ordered a poster it arrived a week late and was completed wrinkled. When i complained to..."
- "Dont get your oil changed at Walmart @ 100 East I-240 Service Road in Oklahoma city store# 743. Me and my daughter stopped in there 9-7-2016 @ 7:30 PM for..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."