Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

2.0

My husband and I bought a little 2016 R-Pod trailer from Gillette RV in 2017. We never had a problem with that trailer and kept it in great shape !

after using it for a few years, we decided to sell our very LOVED R-Pod and upgrade into something larger to accommodate our elderly parents for some camping. Upon arrival we were greeted by a salesman named Brian Monaghan- brian@***.com and asked to join him in his desk area. as we approached his desk, my husband looked down, cleared his throat. Looking up at Brian then back down at Brians phone as Brian quickly shut down the *** VIDEO he was watching.

Luckily, I didnt have my glasses on. Brian quickly asked us what type of camper we were looking for, and we explained to him that we have been researching many trailers, and wanted to look at a few freedom expresses .weve looked at a few and discuss some prices my husband and I left for the day ,and said we would get back with Brian with our final decision.

We actually were given a slightly better price at a RV place in Gaylord, but we thought we should keep our sales locally that way, it can be serviced locally. HUGE MISTAKE!

We bought the camper at the end of October, and it sat in our pole barn covered until May when we went on our maiden voyage. Everything seemed fine.

it towed like a breeze! However, after the first shower things started leaking left and right. my husband spent the weekend fixing leaks in the trailer. (We keep our trailer for three months in Munising) when we returned the following week it had rained pretty hard we open our camper and go into the bedroom where our brand new $600 mattress is soaking wet.

The floor has about an inch of water STANDING ! the front windshield significantly leaked and destroyed the wood under the bed. My husband and I were horrified. This is a brand new trailer.

We poured our savings into this trailer and we feel like we received a lemon. We tried to call Gillette and our previous salesman. Brian we waited a week and never got a return phone call. We actually had to use my daughters phone to call and speak to our salesman who actually answered the phone in two rings .(this was after leaving him multiple messages.) needless to say my husband was a little upset with the whole process, and decided to NOT BE IGNORED anymore ,and go in and talk to the general manager Stuart Brabant-stuart@***.com after we drove 6 1/2 hours back down from Munising.

We absolutely thought that the general manager would be sympathetic to us maybe, Im so sorry about all the problems youve had, and maybe give us a new mattress since ours was destroyed ,knowing that he sold us an RV that is a lemon. Stuart Brabant agreed to fix our windshield within a timely manner so our whole summer wasnt ruined .( even though its Gillette RV that needs to fix the windshield) we finally got to take our camper back to Munising only to spend the summer fixing non-stop leaks, furnace disconnections ,mold issues because of the leak , toilet leaking, shower leaking, weak shower floor, destroyed $600 Denver camper mattress, bed frame destroyed and moldy, outdoor kitchen sink leaking into the bathroom floor. The inside of the camper its self looks like it was put together by a toddler. My husband and I are not rich people!

We had to save a lot of money to put down on this trailer that we thought we would have for the rest of our lives. But once Gillette RV makes that SALE, YOU'RE FORGOTTEN! not only are you forgotten, but you are now a BURDEN! the last time my husband and I were inside the showroom the general manager heard us chatting and abruptly shut his door, and refuse to speak to us.

We are not asking for anything that is unfair. We didnt think that was too much to ask from a company that generates approximately $2.3 million in annual sales.

User's recommendation: STAY FAR AWAY !

Preferred solution: The cost of a new mattress since RVs do not have lemon laws..

Gillettes Interstate RV Pros: Good selection.

Gillettes Interstate RV Cons: Horrible customer service.

Location: 7210 East Saginaw Street, East Lansing, Michigan 48823, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Gillettes Interstate RV Reviews