Bangkok, Krung Thep
2.2K views 14 comments
Not resolved

I bought a container of Gillette shaving foam and it exploded.The explosion completely ruined my bathroom and cost me thousands of dollars in repairs.

The representative of Gillette who was handling my case very politely told me to go to ***. Fortunately I made pictures of the damage it caused to my home. The only lucky thing is that nobody of my family was in the bathroom at the time of the explosion.

Pieces of glass from the mirror and metal went straight through the door and the ceiling so you can imagine the force of the explosion, it was like a virtual bomb.The fact that they don't even have the decency to apologize for this really is beyond me.

Review about: Shaving Foam.

Review #312721 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $30
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Gillette?

Submit review

Comments

Comment as anonymous or
Terms of Service
Post Comment
Cancel
Anonymous
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia #1290355
Same with me
Anonymous
Surat, Gujarat, India #1222346
i m from india...same thing happen with me.
Anonymous
#1142220
Are you sure it was actual Gillette and not a fake counterfeit?
Anonymous
#1094554
It has happened twice to me in the same Gillette brand of shaving foam. It is very dangerous and I do not recommend these foam containers to anybody.
Anonymous
#1060443
I believe you since just happened to use. Bottom crimp failed & went off like a rocket.
Anonymous
#982934
I'm from India same *** happened today in my bathroom bloody gillete.
Gerard
Mountain View, California, United States #970649
Today I also noticed a Gilette can that had spontaneously started to leak foam, when I removed the plastic cap I noticed that severe rust had developed beneath it, even though I hadn't bought it that long ago. Never had this happen before.
Salman
Padua, Veneto, Italy #921591
I am from Italy. Entering into the bathroom I found shaving foams popped out of the can. I didn't know if it exploded or leaked, but it seemed quite strange.
Sunny
#839656
Same explosioin in my house today
Anonymous
#754343
Can exploded in my shower stall also. Completely scored one of the tiles beyond repair and put two deep grooves in the ceiling tiles. Scared the life out of my wife who was in the bathroom when it happened. Gillete said they would pay for repairs but I have to find repair people, get estimates, be home to get these estimates and then be home for the repairs. Not sure I won't have leaks when the work is done so I have hesitated to get involved with it, even though my bathroom will never look the same.

You May Also Like

"My hair had fallen out so. Bad it cause it to be bald I'm still dealing with the fact that my hair will never be the same I would like..." Read more
"I used this on my daughter, and she lost significant amount of hair after the first time, after that, when I used it as a detangler, her hair slipped right..." Read more
"Arbonne Suncreen is the absolute worst. As someone who had a stage 2 melanoma removed from my back last year, I try to be very careful to say the least...." Read more
"I was in the process of ordering the starter kit for the advertised price of $19.99, of course there are offers of an upgraded system for $10.00 more, or supersizing..." Read more
"My wife bought me the low cut slip on shoe for my birthday, as i have 4 pair of shoes and 1 pair of the work boots I was excited..." Read more
"This man is a sexual predator he known to take women rob them and leave them helpless sometimes takes to another town. He preys on young singles mothers usually in..." Read more
"Few months ago I decided to go back on pof. I signed up for it, I even got a email saying it is registered, everything was fine in the beginning...." Read more
" STAY AWAY FROM SCAMMERS. Alarmmonitoringservices.com is a fraudulent company. We did a chargeback becuase they kept billing us after we cancelled their "service" and is...no service and they suck...." Read more