Gexa Energy - Mistakenly charged me a $299 deposit, and did nothing to resolve

5 of 54 Gexa Energy reviews

Definitely listen to the other reviews here in regards to Gexa Energy being scammy. They charged me a $299 fee in April that I had no idea about. I had to call in and deal with customer support for hours trying to identify what this charge was. Turns out it was a mistake withdrawal from their end which was noted as a "deposit fee".

They said they would process a refund check for me. It's been 2 weeks. I called back in today and they said the check is now being processed and will be complete soon. Once the check processes, they will mail it to me which will take another 2+ weeks.

So they can mistakenly charge me $299 instantly but it takes more than a month to refund that back to me? Yikes. As an apology for the inconvenience, their rep told me he can get me a lower rate... if I signed a contract extension with them hahahaha. That's their apology... what?

Never had this issue with any other electricity provider. Back to the drawing board on powertochoose.org

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Utility
review #849662

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gexa Energy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
5 of 54 Gexa Energy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 18 #1161010

Try www.energychoiceexperts.com to choose your next energy provider. They have deciphered the plans on powertochoose and find the plan that has the lowest annual cost based upon your usage profile for the past 12 months, not an useless average usage.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Gexa Energy.
Filing a new complaint about
×