San Antonio, Texas
1.2K views 3 comments

Our Gehan Home is less than 4 years old. The windows Gehan installs are made of the cheapest materials. The glass is micro-thin (you will hear everything and heating/cooling is nono-exisitent) and the vinyl framing is already breaking down. BUT even worse is we have 3 windows which are leaking into the house. Our sheetrock is falling off the walls (pics attached - now are even worse). We’ve tried to contact Gehan; good luck. Calls go unreturned and they will only reply via email that, ‘your 1 year warranty has expired.’ We got the window manufacturer out and they confirmed the windows are strucuturally fine but the installation is not. Hmm....I wonder who installed them. So I’m looking at $5,000 to have windows re-installed.

We also had to have $700 worth of A/C repairs done as the installation of our A/C was done poorly. Several coolant lines were clearly pinched which grew into leaks. Our A/C bills soared unexpectedly until we had it fixed. Gehan Homes didn’t care to hear a word as ‘your warranty has expired.’ Hmm...who installed the A/C?

We continue to get squirrels and rodents in our attic. Climbing onto the roof it is very clear significant gaps were left between the roof line and easements and left unsealed. The gap is large enough I can fit my arm in it. Another $400 to fix all gaps.

I would never buy a Gehan Home again. They want to piece together a ‘structure’, get your money, and run. I have seen better construction out of TuffSheds at Home Depot. I tell every person I see/hear who is considering a Gehan Home to seriously rethink it.

I didn't like: Inability to provide nor stand behind a quality home.

Review #841927 is a subjective opinion of a user.

1.3
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Gehan Homes?

Comments

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1276420

What subdivision if you don't mind me asking?

Dallas, Texas, United States #1210682

We would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your issues.Because you posting is anonymous, we are unable to reach out.

Please email your contact information to marketing@gehanhomes.com so that we discuss.Thank you.

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1210378

Gehan Homes is a reputable builder that builds thousands of homes. Clearly there is more to the story...