My mac's screen froze with a message saying call number for Apple support and I started dealing with this company which had web size www.geek-technician.com.They convinced me that they were from Apple and gave them permission to access to my Mac.
While they were accessed to my Mac, they asked me to go to my PC and they accessed to my PC as well. They were keep telling me that I attacked by Nigerian hackers and had malware. They asked me to sign up service agreement for $99 one time for a year so that they can block foreign IP attacks. They installed their application to my Mac.
They asked me to enter my credit card info while they are still monitoring my screen. My brother refused this and asked them if they are from Apple. They said confidently "yes" they were frome APPLE and they open a word file on my screen and asked me to authorized my credit card for them. At that moment my brother said hang up now and I did.
So, they kept calling us for an hour. At the same time we contacted REAL Apple.com customer service and they said they never give screen warnings to call them to resolve the issue and they do not know about this company at all. Real Apple technician that I got the number from apple.com help me to clean everything that this third party company installed. According the apple technician they used malware called "search.geniuen.com" to place the warning and hacked the computer.
Please, I want you to be aware of this. IF YOU GET A WARNING MESSAGE AFTER FROZE SCREEN AND IF IT SAYS CALL APPLE SUPPORT. DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER AND PAY SERVICE FEE. Because Apple never charges for service.
Go to apple.com and find customer technical service number. They will for sure ask you your apple products serial number and tell you about your product. Those are real apple people.
They never use third party access software such as "teamviewer".Apple technicians has built-in connection tool that they access your apple product with serial number with your permission and they never control they just tell you what to do with a red arrow.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Technical Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I discovered two designer apps for android and really needed them to design t-shirts. They worked great for a while, but then I made the mistake of PAYING for..."
- "I have recently contracted out a job to a business named "Zaptech Solutions". I am urging you if you are looking to have any development work done please do not..."
- "Dear All, Kindly be informed that I have a major security problem with drop box application, The problem is when I signed up in drop box and opened it for usage,..."
- "I'm not sure why I go to this business because I always leave insulted and irritated. I tried to give them a chance but while they're very fast in going..."
- "My cousin and I took this trip of a lifetime in September 2016 after years of dreaming and planning. It was everything we had hoped and more. I..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."