My mac's screen froze with a message saying call number for Apple support and I started dealing with this company which had web size www.geek-technician.com.They convinced me that they were from Apple and gave them permission to access to my Mac.
While they were accessed to my Mac, they asked me to go to my PC and they accessed to my PC as well. They were keep telling me that I attacked by Nigerian hackers and had malware. They asked me to sign up service agreement for $99 one time for a year so that they can block foreign IP attacks. They installed their application to my Mac.
They asked me to enter my credit card info while they are still monitoring my screen. My brother refused this and asked them if they are from Apple. They said confidently "yes" they were frome APPLE and they open a word file on my screen and asked me to authorized my credit card for them. At that moment my brother said hang up now and I did.
So, they kept calling us for an hour. At the same time we contacted REAL Apple.com customer service and they said they never give screen warnings to call them to resolve the issue and they do not know about this company at all. Real Apple technician that I got the number from apple.com help me to clean everything that this third party company installed. According the apple technician they used malware called "search.geniuen.com" to place the warning and hacked the computer.
Please, I want you to be aware of this. IF YOU GET A WARNING MESSAGE AFTER FROZE SCREEN AND IF IT SAYS CALL APPLE SUPPORT. DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER AND PAY SERVICE FEE. Because Apple never charges for service.
Go to apple.com and find customer technical service number. They will for sure ask you your apple products serial number and tell you about your product. Those are real apple people.
They never use third party access software such as "teamviewer".Apple technicians has built-in connection tool that they access your apple product with serial number with your permission and they never control they just tell you what to do with a red arrow.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Technical Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The license key for my Norton Utilities 14.5 will no longer activate my copy of the program when I once again install the program on my computer rebuilt with a..."
- "Can someone please take the initiative to file a suit against these guys? I have evidence that they contacted me, phone records and emails. I believe they hacked all of..."
- "Avast's free trial is a scam! (It took a lot of my time to figure out how this scam works). To avoid getting sued by Avast, I stipulate that..."
- "I'm not sure why I go to this business because I always leave insulted and irritated. I tried to give them a chance but while they're very fast in going..."
- "Found just what I wanted...finally! Didn't buy it until I got home and decided I wanted it. Called and placed a hold on it (they wouldn't take payment..."
- "I was excited to have CenturyLink for the first time but they suck!!! I thought Cox and Time Warner were bad but CenturyLink is the worst of all. Is CenturyLink..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."