My mac's screen froze with a message saying call number for Apple support and I started dealing with this company which had web size www.geek-technician.com.They convinced me that they were from Apple and gave them permission to access to my Mac.
While they were accessed to my Mac, they asked me to go to my PC and they accessed to my PC as well. They were keep telling me that I attacked by Nigerian hackers and had malware. They asked me to sign up service agreement for $99 one time for a year so that they can block foreign IP attacks. They installed their application to my Mac.
They asked me to enter my credit card info while they are still monitoring my screen. My brother refused this and asked them if they are from Apple. They said confidently "yes" they were frome APPLE and they open a word file on my screen and asked me to authorized my credit card for them. At that moment my brother said hang up now and I did.
So, they kept calling us for an hour. At the same time we contacted REAL Apple.com customer service and they said they never give screen warnings to call them to resolve the issue and they do not know about this company at all. Real Apple technician that I got the number from apple.com help me to clean everything that this third party company installed. According the apple technician they used malware called "search.geniuen.com" to place the warning and hacked the computer.
Please, I want you to be aware of this. IF YOU GET A WARNING MESSAGE AFTER FROZE SCREEN AND IF IT SAYS CALL APPLE SUPPORT. DO NOT CALL THAT NUMBER AND PAY SERVICE FEE. Because Apple never charges for service.
Go to apple.com and find customer technical service number. They will for sure ask you your apple products serial number and tell you about your product. Those are real apple people.
They never use third party access software such as "teamviewer".Apple technicians has built-in connection tool that they access your apple product with serial number with your permission and they never control they just tell you what to do with a red arrow.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Technical Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Indianmesh pvt ltd and their iMeshlab is Software Company located at Zirakpur PUNJAB, INDIA. This organization gets understudies by selecting them from their school or by telecallers as a competitor..."
- "As (owner of City Lights Bar & Grill) inLas Vegas. I have been experiencing major problems with The Touchsuite POS system. I have never witness anything Like this in my 18..."
- "Braindumps only care about looting money. They claim accurate and updated questions on their tests but this is a lie. And when you raise the issue that only 2 of their..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "Hi I admin an Ashton Drake buy sell and showcase group on Facebook. I have over 12,000 members worldwide. I have seen several people showing their dolls, be they new..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "It took a little over a month to receive the item - they charged my account right away. They sent me a tracking number and after trying it several..."
- "I'm not sure why I go to this business because I always leave insulted and irritated. I tried to give them a chance but while they're very fast in going..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."