Avoid Gear Box Computers in BrookPark

4 of 4 Gear Box Computers reviews

Guy is a crook. Sold me a piece of junk Dell D620 Laptop, guaranteed the computer to work fine. Computer failed less than 2 months later, and called to ask him what could be wrong, which is ALL I asked. He told me "Boo hoo, cry me a river." and hung up on me. Didn't answer his phone afterwards at all from my number. Is that the way to treat a customer?

He also harasses sellers on craigslist by posting false ads that portray his "competition" and threatens to "get them" on a regular basis. He criticizes legitimate businesses that pay their taxes, but he sells large amounts of computers and doesn't file taxes. He claims the competition is harassing him, when he is the one harassing them.

This guy is a crook, and I would not deal with him at all. There are many people I have talked to that have been screwed by him, and he gave them a similar situation.

His Location and phone is

Gear Box Computers

15535 Snow Road

BrookPark Ohio 44142

216-433-9095

Avoid him at ALL COSTS unless you want to be screwed out of your hard earned money.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
4 of 4 Gear Box Computers reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
James W.

Mar 21, 2012 #453505

You're right when you said he was a crook! His name is Paul Williams and it is a matter of public record that he did 8 years in Ohio Prisons for dealing drugs. Some things never change!

Scott K

Feb 13, 2012 #428770

We bought 2 Dell D620's and 1 Dell D630 in 2011 for business use from Gearbox. No problems so far. As a matter of fact, I'm going to buy a laptop for my daughter from Gearbox. My brothers desktop for work crashed and these guys fixed it. I'll bet that whoever wrote the negative comments probably have their own stores and can't compete...I'll be buying from these guys

1 5 Reply
Bryan P.

Dec 15, 2011 #391897

In response to Lanette (Paul). I mean we all know it's you. I am not "his competition" trying to smear him. There's not even another computer place around, so Im pretty sure no one is. Myself and the other 100 or so people that he has screwed over, lied to, and threatened have real complaints. I mean this many people can not all be wrong. If anyone does not believe I am a real customer or have any questions about this crook. Im easily found. Look at my name and I graduated from Midpark.

Bryan P.

Dec 15, 2011 #391894

Avoid them at all costs. Shady work, will not fix properly, and will threaten you over the phone if you call about it two months later. Well they threaten you until you show up, and then they hide in the back.

geoff.

Oct 03, 2011 #353095

I have a problem with software I purchased from gearbox computers I have emailed them 3 times now but no reply ate they a ***

Lanette Muzie

May 28, 2011 #291809

GEAR BOX IS EXCELLENT! I have taken three computers to Paul, the owner to fix and bought a 22 inch monitor from them. Two of the three computers were fixed without problems. The third had a new issue when I got it back. I took it back to him and he fixed that issue at no charge. One of the computers I brought in for my elderly Mother. It would have been easiest to just wipe out the computer and reinstall windows, but my Mother did't want to have to start new. Paul spent endless hours trying to fix the issues without wiping it out. My Mother was extremely pleased when she got it back. Despite working on it for many, many hours, Paul still only charged the flat $59.99 fee. I have dealt with many computer stores over the years, and this store is EXCELLENT! Shame on you people trying to bring down your new competition. Just because he is the new store in the neighborhood and does excellent work at a much better price. This smear campaign is aweful.

2 3 Reply

Aug 24, 2015 #1024275

I have bad news for you. The tech could have wiped the computer and then restored your grandmother's files and settings instead of "spending hours" fixing it. This would have left the computer seeming "faster" as it wouldn't be bogged down with all the extra detritus people seem to accumulate in their profiles and it would still feel the same to your grandmother. Additionally, you would have realized that the work put into the job wasn't really worth $60.

May 17 #1160544

That litterlly makes no sense...

0 0 Reply
Jim Shoo

May 08, 2011 #283786

Bought item over the internet and never received it. Doesn't answer emails or phone. He's a scammer, plain and simple.

Lakefront Lines

Apr 29, 2011 #280608

This is a smear job, see for yourself these guys will not rip you off.

Cathy

Apr 22, 2011 #277675

I bought a HP laptop over a month ago. We are very pleased with it !!!!!Use it everyday for hours and NO issues. :)

0 2 Reply
G

Apr 11, 2011 #272606

These people should be shut down. They don't respond once they have your money. Don't waste your time or money and buy from them. You will be sorry.

c harris

Apr 07, 2011 #271153

gear box computers sell nothing but junk i bought a desktop there about 5 months ago & have had nothing but problems i would not recommend these idiots to anyone please do not from these jerks

Michael

Apr 05, 2011 #269957

I purchased a HP Laptop from this store last year. The Computer was in beautiful condition, but unfortunately the Wireless card was a POS. The owner worked hard to correct the problem and when that failed he returned my money in full without question. It's my firm belief that retail businesses like these count on their reputation, without it they won't be in business very long. Gearbox is doing there best in a tough market.

Vinny G

Apr 04, 2011 #269426

There are 4 pages of problems i think that says there is a problem with there biz.

But hey if you dont think so just read all the post of problems.

But really everything is over priced. The d620 have screen and battery issues as there over 5 years old. and some of the older dells have bad caps so i think people are right

Billy

Apr 04, 2011 #269424

Just went there and got a d620 laptop for 199 got home the battery only last 20 min so i called them and they said i was lying and to come back. So now im out gas money and time due to they sold me a untested laptop...

Vinny G

Apr 04, 2011 #269420

Some craigslist dealers trying to eliminate competition. I know the hard working Gearbox guys personally - and complaint about them is BOGUS

0 3 Reply
LWM

Mar 29, 2011 #266658

They sell software that requires activation that bios updates etc. will cause deactivation. Their support is non existent and they are dishonest. They will not correct the problem, they ignore phone calls. They rewrite posts on their support board to hide the facts. Avoid them at all costs.

hater

Mar 25, 2011 #265056

This place is mess junk all over the place stuff is 3-10 years old for outdated hard to upgrade junk.

Very rude when calling out

Nonhater

Mar 25, 2011 #264988

I've been in The Gear Box store and was pleased with the service offered and the owner is a good person. I am an educated IT professional and have been in many establishments. I could honestly say that there are many crooked computer shops in Northeast Ohio but Gear Box is not one of them. The only reason this guy is given a hard time is because he's making a come up in the business and Cleveland is full of haters and followers. It's really ashame that many try to bash a guy trying to make a living selling decent pc's and offering good service. Do you have any clue what it costs to lease that building he's in? ALOT!! If all accusations were true then he'd be selling for a lot more than he advertises and charging big time prices for services.

1-20 of 39 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.