GC Services student loan program is a SCAM!

93 of 302 Gc Services reviews

we filed a complaint with the BBB: GC services contacted me a few months ago because I was in default with one of my student loans.I enrolled in the program paying $390 a month for a total of 9 payments and the promise that I was going to be out of default at the end of the program and the benefits would be amazing after I was done with the 9 payments.

Now that I am almost done with the payments I am receiving calls from people harassing me and my wife saying that I am sending payments "voluntarily" and I need to be on a program to be out of default. They denied the fact that I was enrolled on the program and they say that they see no notes or anything to confirm that I am on a program with them and the fact that I spoke with representatives who helped me to enroll. I am not on the program but they are cashing the checks that we are sending them every single month!? They told my wife today that I can be enrolled starting now for a total of 9 to 12 payments starting on August 1st or I would be at risk of garnishment.

So they want us to make all the payments again?! We were really relying on the fact that we were almost done with the payments. We cannot afford starting the program from zero unless they send us the money that we paid. My wife keeps asking to talk with the manager named Greg who enrolled me in the program and he never returns her calls.

He is the one who helped us to be on the program that does not seem to exist.SCAM!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 28 Yes 28 15 No 15
Had the same issue 77 Yes 77
93 of 302 Gc Services reviews

Jan 19 #1273045 Columbus, Ohio, United States

My experience was awesome going thru this company and completing the program.

Dec 07, 2016 #1251376 Newport News, Virginia, United States

Hello, I'm going through almost the exact same thing! I'm on my ninth payment, and trying yto get my loan overturned now it'sproblem after problem. Every time I call, they want me to call Dept of Education to have them overturn the decision of my student loan. The latest thing is every piece of paperwork that was faxed they claim to never have gotten it. And I will need to refax it over again. Good thing I keep my conformation sheets. I'm thinking this is a scam as well!

Dec 02, 2016 #1249002 Concord, North Carolina, United States

If you sent in you paperwork dumb *** like they informed you in the beginning because the department of education calculates your poi to determine the min payment amount you wouldn't had that problem they tell you that when you sign up for the program paperwork is needed for the program to be complete and you dumb *** think you are just suppose to make payments that it no turn in your paperwork as told and answer the phone when they call then you wouldn't have been mad dumb *** don't say they a scam because your grown *** ain't listen shut the *** up then on top of that department of Ed refers you to GC that's how you know it's dumb *** lmao

Dec 19, 2016 #1257665 Sand Springs, Oklahoma, United States

I can tell by you poor grammar and lack of reading comprehension that you are in fact, an ***

Feb 18, 2016 #1114167

I believe the same thing this is the third time they contacted me every time they seem to not know my address or they said they seem to always make me verify as if they're trying to get all of my new information and my information however even though I gave him the first four numbers my ZIP Code and the first letter and last letter of the street name he said Sir I need you to say the whole thing and he said he was unable to verify me now at this time I told him they could not like contact me and if not I would sue them however just see you know when I called them back to make the payment my first initial one the lady said hello I asked for my representative by first name only I said do you happen to have anybody in the office name by that she said yeah I guess we do and then she said his last name which is the name you gave me and when I repeat and I said oh yeah that was his name she sad all I don't mom not sure I don't think we have anybody working here by the name so I realize that it is just a company a group 5 Connors that are really good at pretending that they are an agency working to resolve these issues for the student department

Jan 14, 2016 #1094653

Hi. Was this resolved? I got a letter from them.

Nov 17, 2015 #1065313

You must work for GC Services!!! things happen in people lives that may cause them a delay in paying their student loans. I know there are people out there that just take out loans and never pay back but not everyone are idiots.... ***!!!!

straight to the point

Nov 17, 2015 #1065303

I am so glad that I found this blog and did my research first before agreeing to this program. They just called me today and said all of the same things that you all are reporting. I will not make any payments to them and will work on paying my student loans back on my own. Thank you to EVERYONE!!!!! who shared their story.

1 1 Reply

Nov 06, 2015 #1059546

It is true. GC Services is a scam. I finally called who holds my school loans and they have never heard of GC Services. They said these companies create a name and get multiple numbers and will call you and tell you that they are a program to help you with your loan. After that they take your payments and keep them. They give you facts to get you to believe them as well such as wage garnishment. I'm glad I did my research before I even agreed to anything.

Aug 05, 2015 #1015951

That's becuase any people who have defaulted student loans have multiple loans in default. Enrolling in a program for one set of loans does not cover the rest. Also and most importantly if you do not return the paperwork associated to the program then you are not enrolled and are making voluntary payments.

3 0 Reply

May 06, 2015 #980766

I've made one payment with them, after receiving a wage garnishment at work. The garnishment was not a joke and my company was about to start paying on it, but I was able to get it dismissed, and the Dept. of Ed shows that my payment was made to them. I'm keeping a close watch on it, if it goes sideways I'll do something about it.

3 0 Reply
moron hater

Feb 06, 2015 #942217 Knoxville, Tennessee, United States

You people are *** idiots. You borrowed the money. Pay it back. OH, but I didn't finish school, oh that school closed down three years after I went there.Why didn't I get any of the money.I'm a complete *** to borrow 40 thousand dollars to go to barber school. pay your debts morons

4 18 Reply
educated consumer

Nov 11, 2014 #898488 Orlando, Florida, United States

To STOP GC services, just file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I did on 11-2-2014 (and after 35 days on being called twice a day 6 days a week) this agency stopped the madness within 48 hours so as of 11-4 I have not received any further "collection" calls, letters or unknown hung ups on my cell. its amazing.... furthermore, for those of you who fell for their tricks the information they offer to get out of debt/ student loans , etc is available for FREE from the from the government or regulated agencies.

3 1 Reply
RedDani82

Oct 13, 2014 #884153 Fort Worth, Texas, United States

From my personal experiencing and research, the only reason they would not show you as enrolled in the program (called the student loan rehab program) is if they did not get you to sign and send back the agreement required by the Department of Education, to enroll you officially. And technically, if they told you the same details that they are required to tell everyone, you aren't actually rehabilitating your loan for the 9-12 months, you are creating positive payment history at the lowest possible amount per month (approved based on your current income/living situation), after 9 months of this they attempt to sell your account to yet another debt collection agency (one that IS in the rehab program), who will then negotiate a new payment schedule (approved again based on your updated income/living situation) to actually remove your loan from default with the the Department of Education. It can take up to 3 months for the selling/negotiating/approval and first credited payment to process, thats why they call it 9 payments (even though theres more) in 12 months (or they'll slip up and say 12 monthly payments). Most cases will only be required to make an additional 6 months of payments in this program to be safely removed from default/garnishment, and once again you will be eligible for additional student loans if that is your goal.

14 0 Reply
AgrussLawFirm1

Jul 02, 2014 #834843 Chicago, Illinois, United States

You should send a letter to GC Services explaining the situation. Ask them to send you something in writing regarding the payments you made and what is still owed. If the underlying debt is a federal student loan, you'll want to be careful to avoid wage garnishment.

2 5 Reply
Rob

Jun 14, 2014 #827410 Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

Gota call from these people,, stand in line idiots,,garnish what?....lmao..I'm already in a gasrnishmrnt..got to go trap some squirls to feed family.. Lmao

11 1 Reply
Annie

May 13, 2014 #814827

Yeah, as the two sages have pointed out. it is all your fault, because collection companies are always ethical and follow the law.
They would never lie to you...ever ,)
Always document your conversations, even record them where you can, so find out what your state laws are regarding recording. If they are on the up and up, they wont mind. If they refuse to green light, there is your answer.
Yep, it's irrefutable, this is your screw up, the sage told you so.

3 2 Reply
been ripped off

Apr 15, 2014 #805247

I don't understand I owed 22 thousand; they took my income tax check it was 7 thousand plus and they still say I owe 18,500. Where did they attend school and take math? The garnishment of my check in addition to this is about 3 hundred...what the ***? I'm going to request all payments and talk to an attorney. Something isn't right. Please if uve been wronged by this outfit please speak up..maybe someone will take notice.

2 0 Reply

Feb 07 #1283010

It's possible your interest is accumulating faster than you are paying. Also the US treasury charges a fee to offset your tax return so not everything is applied towards your balance. The federal government doesn't play when you owe them money.

Aug 20, 2013 #703432 San Bernardino, California, United States

Thats funny because I am getting the exact same calls and there saying wage garnishments. smh. now there going to call me every 7 days to see if i did a loan consolidation.

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.