Gazelle - They offered $200, I sent a perfect iPhone and then got an email that the back was cracked

85 of 127 Gazelle reviews

I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of the phone was cracked and dropped the offer to $70! WHAT?!!

I sent a perfect phone. I had to go online chat and send these same pix along with the serial number. They say they will get back in two business days. This company is a total ripoff and I feel scammed. How do they get away with this????

Think twice. Take it to best buy or any other competition.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Iphone 5 Sale
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #538652

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gazelle? Submit review ›
Helpful? 22 Yes 22 0 No 0
Had the same issue 15 Yes 15
85 of 127 Gazelle reviews

Feb 11 #1284959 Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Why would you send a phone to someone prior to payment? How are you possibly surprised that they ran a scam on you? Seriously, you do NOT send a product PRIOR to payment, EVER! Next time list it on Amazon, that way your protected and plus you'll get paid. I still can't believe how surprised you are that you got scammed, you set yourself up perfectly.

1 0 Reply

Feb 11 #1285077 Inkster, Michigan, United States

Please don't yell at or lecture anyone. Gazelle is a large business that requires you send the phone in first before they'll pay you. It's true that Ebay and Amazon sellers get payment first before sending out the item, but they can be scammed too unfortunately after the transaction. Buyers claim "unauthorized card use", item arrived damaged, etc. Nothing is 100% safe except trading in person (Craigslist, BestBuy, Target, Walmart).

Nov 30, 2016 #1247894 Inkster, Michigan, United States

In my situation, an evaluator was checking 2 phones at the same time and mixed up the condition. They're only supposed to check one device at a time. Did you put enough cushioning in the box when you shipped it to them? Cracks could happen, though scratches wouldn't of. That indicates there was very likely a mix-up. Ask that they prioritize your re-evaluation. Dan Brummert (Senior Manager) was willing to look at my device personally and found it was flawless just as I had stated. I got the full value for my phone. THOUGH WATCH, Gazelle's payment system has errors and you might get the lower value ($70) at first. Then you'll have to contact them again to make it right. That happened to me and other people (I read on reviews). Even as far back as October.

Nov 30, 2016 #1247892 Inkster, Michigan, United States

This happened to me a few days ago (with my Samsung Galaxy Edge S6). My problem got resolved because I contacted these two people: Senior Manager of Electronics Processing, Dan Brummert (DBrummert@__________) ... Though Jake Dennehy from Gazelle Customer Care was helpful also (JDennehy@__________). It's too bad we have to bother higher ups to get results. Fill in the blanks with 'gazelle' dot com :)

Nlpope

Oct 30, 2016 #1233820

Tell them the deals off & to send your phone back to you

1 0 Reply

Jun 22, 2015 #998357 New York, New York, United States

Someone needs to take legal action against Metro PCS to put a stop to the financial abuses against customers .

2 2 Reply
tochiandcoral

Dec 11, 2014 #914417 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Not surprised! Go with android next time! Apple is a scam - feel sorry for all the people brainwashed (as I once was).

3 12 Reply

Dec 16, 2014 #916991

This is a review about Gazelle, not Apple or the iPhone. Are you f0cking r3tarded?

15 6 Reply

May 15, 2015 #984760

no, but you are!

2 10 Reply
stupid me

Sep 27, 2014 #876028

They just emailed me and told me the phone I sent them was a 'lost' or 'stolen' phone! I bought it on ebay. But Verizon activated it! Wouldn't they have known?

6 0 Reply

Feb 11 #1284960 Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

You need to contact EBAY immediately and tell them what happened so they can take care of it, you should be protected per EBAY Policy.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.