Review about Gazelle Iphone 5 Trade In from South Jordan, Utah

43 of 127 Gazelle reviews

I wish I had read the posts on this site before I sent my phone to Gazelle, as I too was hit with their bait and switch.I sent in a FLAWLESS iPhone 5 in perfect operating condition.

I even took macro photographic pictures of the front, back and every side of the phone to prove it was perfect before I sent it. I'd been quoted $85 for it, but received an e-mail within days stating that "Due to undisclosed wear and scratches found on the unit," it was reevaluated and determined to be worth only $65.

This is a total bait and switch sham and rip off.Be warned, if you do send a cell phone to Gazelle, don't expect to receive what they quote you.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Total bait and switch scam

Reason of review:
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
43 of 127 Gazelle reviews

Mar 09, 2016 #1124346

To add to my frustration I never received payment via check as I'd requested. I did receive an e-mail stating the check was "in the mail" and that I could expect it in 3 to 5 business days. Three weeks later, after no check arrived, I e-mailed customer service and complained. They asked if they could deposit the funds to my Pay-Pal account instead, so I agreed and finally saw the funds transferred to my account after an additional 10 days of waiting. They would have done nothing to pay me if I hadn't complained several times.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Gazelle.
Filing a new complaint about
×