Gator Marine mechanic - No Proof of Work he claims was done
Update added by user Dec 07, 2015
Jason at Gator really stepped up and came through for me after all.I followed up with him when I determined on engine was still not running correctly.
He went to the boat, diagnosed the problem, ordered and installed a new part and sea trialed the boat. All without me needing to be there.
And he didn't want additional payment.His paperwork may not be very buttoned up, but I'm happy to report he's a man of his word, very responsive and a good mechanic.
Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2015
I needed to find a Mercruiser Mechanic in Cape Coral to tune my elder dad's 1998 Searay (twin Mercruiser .Challenge was I'm in NJ.
So did some online searching and found Jason at Gator. He was very friendly and accomodating over the phone and agreed to go to house and inspect the situation. He called while he was at the boat and gave what seemed to be a thorough and knowledgable assessmentI approved tune ups of both engines for $800 which I thought was high, but i was in a bind and he seemed trustworthy. I overnighted him a check to arrive the same day he was going to do the repairs.
He ordered parts and went back two days later and claims to have done all the work. I couldn't be there and my Dad is incapacitated so I had a neighbor do a test drive with Jason. He reported the boat ran well (prior to the tune up the boat hadn't been run for a year and wouldn't get up to speed and the engines were backfiring). It all seemed fine until I asked him to please send me an itemized bill indicating all the parts and labor.
I tried for 2 weeks and it never came. He kept saying he had sent it, so I provided two different email addresses and a mailing address. Nothing ever came. I'm now concerned I was ripped off, but won't actually know until I get back to FL sometime this fall and inspect the boat myself.
This guy did a great job earning my trust at the beginning but now I feel like a fool having trusted someone I found on Craigslist.
I would be careful about working with him.If a receipt ever shows up and I eventually determine the work was done as promised, I will gladly ammend this review
More Review Details
What I liked
- His initial responsiveness and willingness to help promptly
What I disliked
- I could not get any proof he actually did the work
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 1998 Sea Ray 270 Sundancer Boat
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom on 04/17/12 and went to pick up the tags and registration on 05/04/12 at Rommels HD in Smyrna, DE. This is an..."
- "To say Fishrite puts out a quality boat is a laugh!. I have a 24' Performer, a few months after I bought it my wife kept complaining that here legs..."
- "I think I will keep going with my story about this company :) ok.. ordered scooter.. ooooo they took my money (*** Yes) :) ..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "I have a 2014 Keystone Outback that has the same issue. When I first noticed the fading on the cap, I returned to the Dealer and was told they..."
- "I woke up like every other day, heading for school. I realized once I got to school they put Oreos in the vending machine, and after 3rd period I was..."
- "I used this site to hire a man named R. B. we will call him in Cape Coral Florida for loading help. All of my items were damaged. I mean..."