Gateway Realty-Tom Jackson, Owner /Paulette Gosden Tumbarello, Agent

2 of 2 Gateway Realty reviews

Update added by user Jan 22

Additional information on Yelp.

Update added by user Jan 14

As of January 2016, Gateway has merged with Charter One Realty. See additional photos.

Update added by user Jan 12

Currently, Paulette Gosden (Tumbarello) and Tom Jackson are part of Charter One Realty of Hilton Head, SC.

Update added by user Nov 07, 2015

It is important to note that I asked Paulette to propose a counter offer to the buyer and she refused and said "they aren't going to pay more". How would she know that without prior knowledge?

Original review posted by user Nov 07, 2015

DO NOT TRUST GATEWAY REALTY or PAULETTE ELAINE ROCCO GOSDEN TUMBARELLO!This woman swindled me out of my home.

Not only did Paulette under price my house, she met with the buyers without me being present after we had scheduled an appointment together. She rushed to end the sale in favor a low-balled cash offer, which eliminated other potential buyers from bidding and closed in only 8 days which left me homeless.

I lost upwards of $20,000 and didn't make a dime profit while she pocketed close to $6K. (So did the buyer's agent, Mary Aiana.) I also ended up having to move 3 times in 6 months.

When I tried to talk to Paulette about it, she told me "to get over it". Tom was equally as dismissive.

Here are screenshots of Paulette's very own daughter giving her "5-Star" ratings as well as Tom Jackson doing the same for his own company.Buyer beware.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Being swindled to make a quick sale

Reason of review:
Pricing issue
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
$20000
Product or service
Gateway Realty Home Selling
Review category
Real Estate
review #730459 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gateway Realty? Submit review ›
Helpful? 11 Yes 11 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
2 of 2 Gateway Realty reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 10, 2015 #1061588

Sounds like a real piece of work. As Herman's Hermits once said; "a must to avoid".

17 0 Reply

Nov 08, 2015 #1060317

Thank you for this detailed account of your experience. What happened to you, seems unethical. Has an offer been made to make up for your lost profit? It appears everyone came out ahead EXCEPT you. I do believe there ought to be some sort of investigation into why the offer was accepted in your absence and before a higher bid from another buyer could be offered. Once again, thank you for this review, as I will seek another company to use as I continue my home purchasing journey.

18 0 Reply
MsGAO

Apr 01 #1138004

Sorry for the delay in responding; I am just now seeing your comment. No offer was made to make restitution for the loss by Paulette nor her broker-in-charge, Tom Jackson. In fact, Paulette had the audacity to tell me to "just get over it" and had her attorney, Tom Finn of Hilton Head Island, send me a threatening letter. It is posted on this website under his name. In addition, a FB page titled "Boycott Bad Realtors and Agents" has been created to expose them. There is a lot more detail there. They are all now with Charter One Realty. I will give updates as they become available as this situation is not over. Thanks for your support and feedback.

16 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Gateway Realty.
Filing a new complaint about
×