Melbourne, Victoria
1K views

We haven’t commenced our tour with Gate1 and are already having a second thought about it. We booked European kaleidoscope and made one payment for two couples. We have provided travel consultant Saun Miller with two e-mail addresses and asked him to e-mail any information relevant to our trip to both addresses. This never happened, despite of our numerous reminders. It is our friend, who made a payment, had to re-distribute the information.

We decided to stay in Berlin for two additional nights after our tour end and asked Shaun to book for us the same hotel where we stay with the tour. He provided the quote, we have transferred money and thought that we are done, but after a week or so he wrote to us that he forgot to do booking and now hotel is fully booked. We have re-booked a different hotel ourselves but are very annoyed that we will have to spend half a day moving between hotels ( checked out at 10.00 am, check in at 3.00 pm, suitcases, etc.) instead of exploring Berlin.

It is three weeks until our tour and I have written to Saun and asked him to e-mail me the final package for which he responded that he believes that he already sent it. This all I got from him. I wrote again and explained that I didn’t get anything and would like to have my documents in order, he didn’t bother to respond.

I don’t know how good should be a tour to make me to deal with Gate1 again, but if I do I’ll make sure that I don’t deal with this travel consultant again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Gate1travel Cons: Customer service.

Comments

#1200047

I contact Gate 1 to travel to Spain. I was ready to purchase the package, but had a few questions and wanted to speak with a person before submitting any payment and making a commitment.

The woman who answered the phone was rude to me. She could not answer my questions, would not put me through to speak with someone and told me to look at the website. She was in a hurry and it felt like she just needed to pick up the phone and end the call because she had to make a quota for connecting to phone calls. I phoned another company, had my questions answered and booked my trip.

This was in 2014 for a trip in 2015. Gate 1 lost my business.

They need training in customer support and business practices.