Update by user Aug 07

We booked a trip with Gate1 Travel so that we could visit our son who has been stationed in Asia for service in the US Navy. We paid a deposit for him in good faith, believing per his current orders that he would still be stationed there, but he was just sent back to the states on short notice.

When we called Gate1 to request a credit on our invoice for just his portion of the trip, they refused. To have no flexibility for servicemen is not reasonable.

He can't afford a flight to Asia, and we are already paying for the trip. Truly unkind and greedy.

Original review posted by user Aug 07

We booked a trip to visit our son who has been stationed in Asia for service in the US Navy. We paid a deposit for him in good faith, believing per his current orders that he would still be stationed there, but he was just sent back to the states on short notice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gate1travel Tour.

Preferred solution: allow me to be credited for his deposit. I am paying in full for our portion of the trip..

Comments

Kit
#1731988

Upon review of your records it appears that our staff was able to offer assistance with a copy of your son's orders.

@Kit

The $300 amount was still listed on my final bill, but I did not include it with my final payment. It appears that you have accepted it.

The final bill also was increased about $600 hundred dollars more because triple occupancy was reduced to double occupancy. After much complaining and providing screen shots and evidence of the original cost of the trip that was ON SALE at the time of booking, that amount was also reduced to just a couple hundreds dollars above the original quote, reflecting the sale price.

Gate1travel Reviews